busa R1 upgrade...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicineman843

Reaction score
Just got busa 6 pot calipers an r1 rotors just put on today. They are feeling a little weak. I ran the stock lines and they feel worse than my stock brakes. I bought some new galfer clutch and front brake lines to put on. Is this my problem or is there air in the line?

I imagine your calipers were dry when you started (mine were) so that may be the cause of some of the issues. It took a while with my calipers/ galfer lines/ stock master to get all the air out.
Install the galfer lines and keep trying, maybe see if you can find a mityvac you can borrow.

Also, make sure to seat the brakes in. New brakes will feel like crap until the pads seat fully to the rotors.

Sean

My busa upgrade was amazing right after the install and only got better with miles, but getting them to bleed right away was not easy. I'm also on the stock lines. My recommendation is to re-bleed.

I just picked it up from my mechanic and i'm pretty sure they did that. But i'm really not sure. is there a way to tell? My clutch and brake lines were feeling a little Spongey.

My front brake lever is pretty solid and may only move a inch or maybe a inch and a quarter (guessing since I haven't ridden the bike since last October).
When I first bled it was pretty soft and the lever would go almost to the grip for full power braking but it just didn't feel right. I started the bleeding process using a syringe to reverse bled the system, all the way to the master, but I must of trapped some air in the system. I rode it for a week and the next weekend I did some more bleeding until I was able to get a firm lever. I had some good bubbles in the beginning but after that all I ever got was little pin bubbles until it finally firmed up the lever.
Other tools/ parts used: A rubber mallet which helped to release some air. I also rebuilt the master cylinder. I have never used a mityvac but I think it would help tremendously.

So day was a beautiful day, So I took out the bike to seat in the pads... It is riding awesome and braking much better than it was yesterday. Rode about 70 miles around town through shitty back roads, some nice twisties, and 80+ on the highway. Works performance shocks are really amazing. Feels like a brand new bike.

Very cool. Glad to hear you are getting the pads seated in.

Sean

Latest posts

Back