• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buyer's Guide: 10 Best Yamahas (yes the VMax is listed)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
"Can you say, 'hyperbole? I knew you could!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...sedgntp&cvid=a8295cbc019f476bb74ae19dc143cec1
Those of you with Gen. 1's will be glad to hear that you have these specs: " For its day, 145 horsepower from its 1,197cc V-Four engine (and that’s genuine, rear wheel horsepower, by the way) was huge, as was its top speed of 149mph."

Ok, whatever. If only... .

The Gen II gets lumped into the category of VMax, which it is of course. A much-improved VMax. Still, as I am fond of pointing out, the Generation 1 VMax lasted longer in production than Henry Ford's Model T.

I think you will have fun reading the facts, even if the bikes are occasionally claimed to be something other than what they actually are/were. Look at the bar graph and remember when the VMax was King of the Hill.

VMax Cycle May 1985.jpg

Latest posts

Back