Buying a v max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

history

Reaction score
Hi always wanted a v max
Now in that part of my life, that I need to hurry up and get one,am 67
Only have 30 ins leg, do guys think this will be an issue worried the bike might be a bit heavy.
Have had bikes all my life by the way. Mainly sports bikes

I hear you, I just turned 65 and bought this 2005 vmax. Always wanted one, just wasnt practical when I had a young family. Their all grown up and out of the house. Ive had all kinds of bikes except a crotch rocket. Last bike was a 2009 Harley Heritage Softail Fully dressed(mid life crisis, and everyone said thats what I should get). Kept it for about two years. Beautiful bike, six speed fuel injected, belt drive, loaded I did not like it, Big twin vibration, hot on the legs from the exhaust and my riding boots kept sticking and melting on the front part of the exhaust. Was a boring bike to drive and I needed something with a little bit extra. Im 5 9, with 30 inch legs. This vmax should work out fine. Has that extra power if you need it, but no one says you have to use it. As for to heavy ? If you've been riding bikes all your life, your legs should be fine. If you end up not liking it, sell it. Just don't sit around thinking should have, could have, but didn't ...

Bob

I'm 5/10 but have rather long legs for my height. I have the opposite issue with the vmax. I have knees that don't like to stay bent. The crash bars now have grip tape on them so I can stretch out. Having mostly ridden dirt bikes and smaller bikes the weight initially intimidated me, still does to some extent. The rear kicked out in the grass one time and the vmax went down. Luckily no damage at all. I didn't even think about it and lifted it back on 2 wheels no problem. I'm 61 but I do lift weights.

Hi always wanted a v max
Only have 30 ins leg, do guys think this will be an issue worried the bike might be a bit heavy.
I'm 81 and own a 1988 VMAX. It's my 16th motorcycle and my second VMAX. I had a 92 a few years back and was always sorry I sold it. Like you, I have a 30 inch inseam. I find that a good pair of motorcycle boots allows me to "flat foot" it with no problems.

Hi always wanted a v max
Spend the money and buy a stock gen2. And if you decide you want more power spend the money personally I push mine pretty hard and it scares the shit out of me sometimes no flash just open air box no issues at all handling stock rubber is a preference but I’ve got use to it a VMAX is a different kind of animal for sure ENJOY!!

Hi always wanted a v max
Dude, I'm 69 bought mine for weekend fun ended up my everyday ride .You get used to the weight but not the power yahoo!!!

IF you are looking for a bike I have a 1995 v-max 1200 stock but got around $1000 in extra aftermarket stuff you can add on. RUNS GREAT. 24K and runs like a dream or demon. Just how much you get in the v-boost, it will pin your ears back. This bike is in top shape. Everything new as tune up goes. TIRES,BATTERY,BRAKES, PROGRESSIVE FRONT SPRINGS, FRESH OIL CHANGE WITH FILTER, AND to many things to list. TEXT OR CALL ME @ 270-634-0913

Why do you consider age a thing here? If you got the health and the money go take a look at one and buy it if you like it. If someone is scared of the power then your right wrist is there to control it. This is not complicated unless your wife tells you so. You are the only one who cares in the end.

Why do you consider age a thing here? If you got the health and the money go take a look at one and buy it if you like it. If someone is scared of the power then your right wrist is there to control it. This is not complicated unless your wife tells you so. You are the only one who cares in the end.
I have a simpler solution to the wife bit.....dont marry, LOL. Thats what I do. Thats why I have a Gen 1 and a Gen 2. No one to tell me I cant have something.

For the OP.....Whether you get a Gen 1 or a Gen 2, either or is a great choice for a bike. If you think the Gen 2 is too much, get that thought out of your head. Its a very manageable bike if you are easy on the wrist. It will act very tame for you. If you are on a long open straight away and want to twist the wrist, make sure you hold on because the monster you are about to unleash will roar to life and jerk your blood pressure off. Its a feeling no matter how many times you do it will always make the heart race and a smile form on your face.

Latest posts

Back