Buying a VMax tomorrow... Need advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've owned mine roughly 12,850 times longer 😂
With 24 hours being one day, the longest you could have ever owned a Yamaha Vmax is 13,165 days as of today. (Figuring the July 14th release date)

So you must have grabbed one somewhere around December 1985 to February 1986.

With 24 hours being one day, the longest you could have ever owned a Yamaha Vmax is 13,165 days as of today. (Figuring the July 14th release date)

So you must have grabbed one somewhere around December 1985 to February 1986.
In his signature.....

1985, Red (The fast color).
135,000+ miles. Bought new 4/18/85.

Roughly 12850 times longer, LOL.

Approx 11 miles per day I wonder how many engine rebuilds? And 20+ rear tyres?

Approx 11 miles per day I wonder how many engine rebuilds? And 20+ rear tyres?
The operative question is, how-many times did that red oil light wink its Ruby Redeye at-him? And how many traffic tickets were generated? Where's CopRunner, anyway? "Tim? Tim?"

As to the daily average mileage, you can probably bump that by a L.P. phonograph (33-1/3 %) because Ol' Man Winter in western NYS. Bill has mentioned before that the engine has never-been apart. A testament to periodic service and moderation in use.

Last edited:
I was about 60 miles closer to Lake Ontario and east of Bill, and learned how to drive in the snow, getting my license. I don't miss the winters. We used-to get snow drifts up to the eaves of the single-story ranch house roof, where we could walk up the drift and step-onto the roof. On a clear day, you could see the freighters on Lake Ontario.

Engine was never apart farther than valve adjustments, a clutch, and 2 stators.
Dannymax just did the first major carb work (actually the second, if you count my attempt to do it myself with Chinese parts...). I lost count of tires used up...

Back