Buying Gen2 Vmax advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, bike looks new! Congrats!

Give us your impressions after a few rides.
Thanks. I did full clean up and Bike looks decent.

So far drove only around the neighborhood and Only what I can say she moves, very similar to my modified Harley. Beautiful look and sound.

Changing all fluids and oils first before anything. Need to get new tires as well. There are old however in perfect shape, no cracks or any imperfections which is really surprising for the age.

Thanks. I did full clean up and Bike looks decent.

So far drove only around the neighborhood and Only what I can say she moves, very similar to my modified Harley. Beautiful look and sound.

Changing all fluids and oils first before anything. Need to get new tires as well. There are old however in perfect shape, no cracks or any imperfections which is really surprising for the age.

Did you used to own a harley VROD destroyer?

hello to all my name is Troy and im in big sky country, Montana. i couldnt figure out how to make a new post so hopefully this will get out there. i purchased a new 2019 max, only thing ive had new is a box of bandaids. 2 questions. 1-is any one happy with voodoo exhaust cat delete? better options? 2-best ecu flash to open up the full potential of her? better option? so excited to be part of this forum. thank you in advance for any replies. thank you, Troy

hello to all my name is Troy and im in big sky country, Montana. i couldnt figure out how to make a new post so hopefully this will get out there. i purchased a new 2019 max, only thing ive had new is a box of bandaids. 2 questions. 1-is any one happy with voodoo exhaust cat delete? better options? 2-best ecu flash to open up the full potential of her? better option? so excited to be part of this forum. thank you in advance for any replies. thank you, Troy

Welcome Troy!! Congrats on the 19. I'm happy with the VooDoo, got the same in my 18. they are one of the loudest systems out there, there are better. for performance 4 to 1 is your best bet. Gurued gear for the reflash, aka the Nash flash hands down. Pricey but worth it. Check out there 2nd gen section, and just start reading all the threads, and get familiar with what's out there.

Welcome Troy!! Congrats on the 19. I'm happy with the VooDoo, got the same in my 18. they are one of the loudest systems out there, there are better. for performance 4 to 1 is your best bet. Gurued gear for the reflash, aka the Nash flash hands down. Pricey but worth it. Check out there 2nd gen section, and just start reading all the threads, and get familiar with what's out there.
thank you very much for the info, of course i immediately went to their page. unfortunately i am a little green on which options, such as active or closed, and a few other things. i want the absolute best flash they can provide. i want a plug and play i guess you could say. i would really appreciate it if you could inform me on which one to order, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you. Troy

thank you very much for the info, of course i immediately went to their page. unfortunately i am a little green on which options, such as active or closed, and a few other things. i want the absolute best flash they can provide. i want a plug and play i guess you could say. i would really appreciate it if you could inform me on which one to order, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you. Troy
Troy
If you email Tim Nash they will guide you to what you need ... very helpful , unless someone knowledgeable can guide you here , congrats on your new vmax

Tim Nash’s Email
[email protected]

Last edited:
Troy
If you email Tim Nash they will guide you to what you need ... very helpful , unless someone knowledgeable can guide you here , congrats on your new vmax

Tim Nash’s Email
[email protected]
I did shoot them a email, which I hope they will get back to me, but I feel this forum has the best real world info. Thank you so much.

Your better to deal with Tim, he has a flash for just about every exhaust system, and intake setup you could think of....I think first you need decide what exhaust, and intake setup you want first, and then send out your ECU to Tim for the flash, while you install your exhaust and do your intake if you choose, while your ECU is being flashed. And make sure you order yourself a DD mod for your clutch before you start riding after the flash. The clutch will slip lol.

I went with the voo doo
Stainless , LOUD AS HELL, love it love it love it, i went with power commander 5 , then had it dyno tuned . For me the price of made it the only option i had , love the v4 rumble, its a real head turner.
Be safe enjoy!

Troy, IMHO I would leave it stock till at least the warranty runs out, spend the time riding not wrenching,,the Gen 2 is a beast to begin with! :)

you are probably right. i have a devil on one shoulder and a angel on the other. i just want to open her up to full potential. thank you. Troy

I'm next door to you in Idaho I have 95 and a 17

Back