Buying Gen2 Vmax advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too funny man, i love when they pull up next to me. they wont even make eye contact

Troy, Be careful around the Harley crowd, especially if booze is involved,,at one event I was at they vandalized by new Max when I went to get some food and was not looking,,real bastards!!!! :(

that's really shitty and unfortunate. why cant they grasp the concept that it doesnt matter what you are on? all that matters is we are all on two wheels and not locked in a cage "car". really sorry to hear that.

I've got Delkevics on my '17, cat delete, airbox mod, and DD clutch mod. I got the flash before I did the airbox.

Tim suggested I get the "Dale Walker Holeshot" tune with that exhaust.

Troy, Be careful around the Harley crowd, especially if booze is involved,,at one event I was at they vandalized by new Max when I went to get some food and was not looking,,real bastards!!!! :(

I detest people doing shit like that...wouldn't want it done to mine, but would LOVE to catch them in the act if it were to happen...

I get overly ill and call it out when I see it happening and it's not even my stuff...

Yes in 2000 i had a honda cb900f supersport , stopped in at a bar outside of my normal stomping grounds , a biker bar,all harleys well except for my honda , came out a few beers later , to my surprise some one kicked my bike over, STUPID ASS PEOPLE, as my normal ride was an fxstd, the honda was a graduation gift to my son after we spent 2 winters restoring it together( cleveland) some people you just cant reach !

too funny man, i love when they pull up next to me. they wont even make eye contact
Indeed they can't figure out what your riding if your training is in boi
That sounds like a death warrant messing with a guys bike....

Where is everyone finding these 9k 2nd gens? I've been watching cycle trader etc and only found 2 sub 11k bikes, both with 12-20k on the odo.

I've been riding my 85 since about 07 and want a 2nd gen in the worst way, but everybody wants 14k+ and I just can't swing it.

Thanks all for any suggestions

Just keep looking, it can become addictive, my wife will not ride on vmax, shes afraid of it after me showing up a few Harley riders with her on the back, she insisted on a Harley with bags etc. For comfort and traveling , so after 7 months of searching trying to haggle with dealerships we finally came ACROSS one in our price range , 2013 14k picked it up for 10g , Although it needed some work, mechanically and cosmetically , previous owner didnt maintain it very well. Point is be patient keep an eye out eventually you will come across the right bike at the right price.
My youngest son is also looking for a second gen, to add to his toy shed, currently not alot out there? Is 20 the last year? It would appear either bikers are holding onto them or scooping up used ones as soon as they hit the market, IS ANY AWARE OF THIS BEING LAST PRODUCTION YEAR OF 2ND GEN? 2 years same color ? Yamaha Clearing out remaing stock?

Just came ACROSS this , only posted 4 days ago on cycle trader, it may be the one, check it outScreenshot_20200523-191507.png

Just keep looking, it can become addictive, my wife will not ride on vmax, shes afraid of it after me showing up a few Harley riders with her on the back, she insisted on a Harley with bags etc. For comfort and traveling , so after 7 months of searching trying to haggle with dealerships we finally came ACROSS one in our price range , 2013 14k picked it up for 10g , Although it needed some work, mechanically and cosmetically , previous owner didnt maintain it very well. Point is be patient keep an eye out eventually you will come across the right bike at the right price.
My youngest son is also looking for a second gen, to add to his toy shed, currently not alot out there? Is 20 the last year? It would appear either bikers are holding onto them or scooping up used ones as soon as they hit the market, IS ANY AWARE OF THIS BEING LAST PRODUCTION YEAR OF 2ND GEN? 2 years same color ? Yamaha Clearing out remaing stock?

3 years same color now, 18 was the first year of the matte Raven black. My thinking is they will sell them until completed bikes and parts run out.... They're was a 14 near me, but the post is gone off CL. So it either sold, or the post expired. I'm finding first gens for $5Gs up to 7, or 8Gs lol, they must not want to sell them. Found an 02 for $3,300 with 42k on the clock, all stock.... Really thinking about that one.... He's been posting it up for over a year now dropping the price every time. He was at $5Gs last year. I think I'm holding out for a gen 1 Goldwing though.... Had a 78 for a first bike. Always wanted to turn it into a SC café racer. 2nd gens are out there, just have to be patient. This time last year there was 3 around me all with good mods for 9 to 10Gs.

Gary, You also must be practical and many reasons to be cautious, the economy can slip into depression, their is no warranty on these used machines, and parts, service may be hard to find if the MAX is on it's last year. I am very tempted also to get a Gen 2,,but all these concerns......

Indeed , as these have been around for quite some time , i think parts should be available , if manufacturer discontinue bike , parts are available for 10 years after discontinue date, it being a Yamaha they are usally bullet proof.
And as far as depression , economy , etc.YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, TODAY COULD BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME TO BE CALLED BACK HOME..beautiful morning in Arizona nice and cool , taking mr max out for a lil ride. Stay safe/ healthy!!!!!

That 09 has the tell tail signs of a bike that has been wrecked. That exhaust pipe cover is ground down... NOT scratched. I guess it's possible but has anyone else ever heard of a crank sensor going bad on a 2nd gen?.... and oh, it still runs 100%.... Its obviously been abused, and not in a good way. I wouldn't give $4k for that bike. Sad.

Latest posts

Back