Buying tires in Toronto

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Builder

Reaction score
I am looking for a store in Toronto area (or online Canadian store?) to buy tires at a good price! Buying online from US stores seems not worth it since I will end up paying brokerage fee and GST, PST.

Any recommendation?

For the cheapest price check out Royal Distributing. They are the best price wise and ship to you, although they are located in Guelph and Barrie so you can always go to their store and purchase. Be aware though that some dealers will NOT mount tires unless purchased from them.

For the cheapest price check out Royal Distributing. They are the best price wise and ship to you, although they are located in Guelph and Barrie so you can always go to their store and purchase. Be aware though that some dealers will NOT mount tires unless purchased from them.

I second that

I bought most of my riding gear from them. Nice store and nice specials.

Vitek

i generally buy my tires at the bike show in January in T.O. but right now royal is actually cheaper. just ordered as set to mount on a friends bike and they were 30 bucks cheaper even with shipping!

I ordered a pair of Metzeler from Royal. Front LaserTech(Brazilian), read ME880(German). If I knew LaserTec was not made in Germany I would have not ordered it.

Installed both tired ,they balanced all right.

BUT, the front seems to wobble a bit! I can see it when I stand up while riding and look at it from above. I can see the center grove line moves to left and right about 3 to 4mm.

It does have any much effect on riding at low speeds and high speeds but at about 80km/h the handle bar shacks. This has never happened with my old tire.

I tried to deflate the tire and inflate it, which did not help.

Is the tire defective?

royal distributing wants me to send it back so the can send it to Metzeler and then they will decide it is defective! I will have to pay for three tire instalations. ($75) plus shippings

yes, its fine.

Is it normal to have your front tire wobble 3 to 4 mm?

No it is not normal for a tire to wobble at all. The center line of the Lasertech is straight so any movement would indicate to me that there is a defect in the tire. As for the Brazilian vs German Metzlers you will have one heck of a time finding a German, non-radial, front tire. Metzler farmed out all production of bias ply front tires to Brazil quite a while ago. Besides it is just a myth. The molds, rubber compounds, and quality control are straight out of the German factory. I have seen bad German Metzlers on occasion.

hmmm.. when mine is on the balancer there is considerable wobble. maybe i should replace. could be the culprit of my 45 mph wobble

had it happen with a bridgstone. figured it just a belt shifted. they came good for it, no questions asked.
on a side note my local shop mounts tires for 20 bucks a set. mind you i take the rims to them, not the whole bike

had it happen with a bridgstone. figured it just a belt shifted. they came good for it, no questions asked.
on a side note my local shop mounts tires for 20 bucks a set. mind you i take the rims to them, not the whole bike

Even if you don't buy their tires?
Which shop?

Dale #2592

Latest posts

Back