(C)Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
Well not really. New toy came extremely cheap. 2021 Coleman CT200U-EX mini bike with title. Unknown hours or mileage. But starts, runs, and has great power. Since it came with a title, doubt it was stolen since the address I bought it from and the title matched. Wouldnt have considered it normally. But being cheap and a plethora of upgrade parts, figured, eh, why not.

I ordered a torque converter kit. Smoother transition of power. I ordered a stage 2 engine kit that replaces the flywheel and conrod with billet parts. Comes with an upgraded cam with heavier valve springs. All gaskets included to complete repair. A new Mikuni 22mm carb with matching cable. It already has the tuned pipe exhaust.

I would take out the governor but apparently the higher engine RPM tends to float valves hence why the parts kit contains heavier springs.

Governed top speed is 20 mph. 6.5HP. Generally with the governor delete, heavier springs and torque converter, most folks have gained about 10-12 mph. I am looking to get mid 30s after all the components have been replaced. More is better. But keeping realistic goals.

Later on, I will tinker with gearing. Right now, hauling my chunky butt uphill in the dirt, she struggles. Flat out on the dirt, maxes out to its 20mph. 1030211151.jpg1030211151a.jpg1030211151b.jpg

Well not really. New toy came extremely cheap. 2021 Coleman CT200U-EX mini bike with title. Unknown hours or mileage. But starts, runs, and has great power. Since it came with a title, doubt it was stolen since the address I bought it from and the title matched. Wouldnt have considered it normally. But being cheap and a plethora of upgrade parts, figured, eh, why not.

I ordered a torque converter kit. Smoother transition of power. I ordered a stage 2 engine kit that replaces the flywheel and conrod with billet parts. Comes with an upgraded cam with heavier valve springs. All gaskets included to complete repair. A new Mikuni 22mm carb with matching cable. It already has the tuned pipe exhaust.

I would take out the governor but apparently the higher engine RPM tends to float valves hence why the parts kit contains heavier springs.

Governed top speed is 20 mph. 6.5HP. Generally with the governor delete, heavier springs and torque converter, most folks have gained about 10-12 mph. I am looking to get mid 30s after all the components have been replaced. More is better. But keeping realistic goals.

Later on, I will tinker with gearing. Right now, hauling my chunky butt uphill in the dirt, she struggles. Flat out on the dirt, maxes out to its 20mph. View attachment 80965View attachment 80966View attachment 80967
Yes thats a nice find and fun project. About a year ago June my buddy gets an idea to recreate his childhood fun with a couple ATV's.
I picked them up for him ,got'em going and the fun/insanity begins.
20200613_204623.jpg

He was Hooked! He then finds this little Jeep for his little girl(she's 2). The Jeep has a Honda 80, 5spd. semi-auto. It really go's!
20201227_124026.jpg
Now as if this pic about 3 weeks ago, 60 plus various ATV, ATC, snow tracked both bike,s and atv's, 2, 4 stroke and diesel. That Jeep is back by the fence under the tarp now. All of whats shown and more at two other of his properties.
He's got a fix and flip plan but is buying them much faster than I can fix if necessary.
Some are true radical race machine's that are much'much faster than I remembered these things being. 250cc, two stroke,liquid cooled Kawasaki Tacate! WAY FAST!!!
Or the Honda 250R two stroke WAY FASTER!!!!
20211015_140700.jpg20211015_140717.jpg20211015_140730.jpg

Yes thats a nice find and fun project. About a year ago June my buddy gets an idea to recreate his childhood fun with a couple ATV's.
View attachment 81004

He was Hooked! He then finds this little Jeep for his little girl(she's 2). The Jeep has a Honda 80, 5spd. semi-auto. It really go's!
View attachment 81003
Now as if this pic about 3 weeks ago, 60 plus various ATV, ATC, snow tracked both bike,s and atv's, 2, 4 stroke and diesel. That Jeep is back by the fence under the tarp now. All of whats shown and more at two other of his properties.
He's got a fix and flip plan but is buying them much faster than I can fix if necessary.
Some are true radical race machine's that are much'much faster than I remembered these things being. 250cc, two stroke,liquid cooled Kawasaki Tacate! WAY FAST!!!
View attachment 81005View attachment 81006View attachment 81007

I just dont have the space for than many, LOL. Plus the weak judicial system of this state wont catch and hold criminals when they start stealing them. Point in case, a guy killed someone. Went to court, judge said, eh, hes OK to be released till trial. Gets out and kills someone else. I do carry and would take care of thieves myself...but I am not home all day to thwart criminals.

I remember those 250R's were stupid fast...in a good way.
My race atc. Was a 1984 250r. With 300cc big bore kit.it was a blast. Then bought a 1986 trx250r. Raced it in Gncc cross country. And harescramble races in Missouri ,Iowa and Illinois. Then came the 4 strokes. th_R420-IMG_0542~2.jpg

View attachment 81004

View attachment 81003
View attachment 81005View attachment 81006View attachment 81007
And here I'm thinking an Avalanche can't haul cargo. I'm impressed....:)

Later on, I will tinker with gearing. Right now, hauling my chunky butt uphill in the dirt, she struggles. Flat out on the dirt, maxes out to its 20mph. View attachment 80965View attachment 80966View attachment 80967
I rebuilt and sold one a couple of years ago. Really Kool little machines. Almost kept it for myself...:(

I rebuilt and sold one a couple of years ago. Really Kool little machines. Almost kept it for myself...:(
Minus HP and torque numbers, I will get top speed runs stock and then built. Parts will be in today and this weekend I will do the swaps. Everything that has literature I will relay so you can see what was in it to get to the end product. As of right now....I dont think I am gonna sell it. A gearing change later on will probably make it an awesome desert bomber. But who knows. Price is right....I will pitch it. Money cures all attachments on vehicles. LOL.

Here's the car to go with the bike
20211103_175105.jpg

Parts arrived yesterday. Did a speed run with it. A top speed of 21mph was achieved. This was downhill. Steady driving speeds were between 16-18mph. Governed claim speed is 19mph as per manufacturer. So...With my heavy ass....I can buy these speeds.

1.jpg
The monster machine with the engine removed.

2.jpg
The cylinder head with the new 18lb valve springs installed. Without these heavier springs, the 13lb valve springs will float at higher RPM.

3.jpg
The case stripped down and cleaned. I cheated the conrod off the piston so I wouldnt have to mess with collapsing the rings potentially damaging them.

4.jpg
Billet Conrod. 3 different times torquing this thing. Comes pre-torqued from the manufacturer. Then you put the bearings in and retorque again. Then, you plastigauge the bearings to make sure they are in spec. Requires torque #2. Then you get to install on the crank once everything is verified good.

5.jpg
The dinkiest crank ever. But round and in specifications. Mine was 1.1795 in to 1.1799 in. Spec is 1.180 on with a .0005 in. difference.

6.jpg
How to cheat the rod. A small circlip holds the wrist pin into the piston.

7.jpg
Stock cam on the right. Dyna cam on the left. Lobes on the left cam are wider than the stock cam.

8.jpg
Cam and crank timed up. Straight forward work here.

9.jpg
Billet flywheel torqued to 64 ft lbs. An oil filter strap wrench was used to hold the old centrifugal clutch assembly while I torqued it. Lots of guys butcher old torque converter assemblies to make a locking plate. I had no such luxury. So this was my method of tightening.

10.jpg
Mikuni 22mm carburetor with correct adapter.

11.jpg
Different angle. Correct mini bike to Mikuni carb cable was also installed at this time.

13.jpg
Torque converter assembly all installed. Cover included, but not installed at this time.

12.jpg
I have a tuned pipe header pipe that was included with the bike on original purchase.

The governor removal was simple and straight forward. Pop arm and gear out, tapped holes to 8 x 1.25 using locktite and aluminum bolts I sourced from BMW. Capped off holes, spent 3 cans of brake clean and compressed air cleaning inside of engine.

Engine is not yet installed in the bike. I need to grind off the chain guard support frame for clearance and paint over grind marks. Then I go to break the engine in. Engine has 10W30 non detergent conventional engine oil with a ZDDP additive as recommended by cam manufacturer. Engine was already running. Fine tuning on the carb is needed once bike is fully together.

You might benefit from a bigger rear sprocket. My torque converter belt slipped with a 53 tooth sprocket. I run a 66 now and achieve a higher top speed, plus better acceleration. I have a Monster Moto 212 with a stage 2 Predator 212, runs to 7,000 rpm; over 50 mph.

You might benefit from a bigger rear sprocket. My torque converter belt slipped with a 53 tooth sprocket. I run a 66 now and achieve a higher top speed, plus better acceleration. I have a Monster Moto 212 with a stage 2 Predator 212, runs to 7,000 rpm; over 50 mph.

I am thinking of the 60T rear sprocket. I have a 10T with 50T right now. Mostly desert bomber the way its set up. My engine is just the 196cc version. The torque converter belt isnt slipping on mine at the moment. Right now, its good for what I do but I do want to see what the 60T rear does. Hauling ass on the dirt though at 40mph is scary as hell when you come up to a series of ruts with minimal suspension.

Latest posts

Back