CA or 49-state?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
I just bought my first VMax. I have been a V4 fan for years, owned a couple of Honda Magnas, always lusted for a VMax. A collector friend of mine, fellow riding club member, has a condition which will no longer allow him to ride 2-wheelers, so he is selling off most of his collection, except for a half-dozen or so he will keep for entering into shows. If he rides any more, he will have to go to a trike.
Long story short, he had a couple of vintage VMaxes, one of which only had 17 original miles on it, which he was able to sell for a pretty penny to another collector. The other, with 15,000 miles, he sold to me really cheap, because he said he would rather keep it close, and have it go to a friend rather than a stranger.
I have found 2 different listings explaining the VIN number system and one says it is a CA bike, the other says it is a 49-state version. Can anyone confirm which is correct? The VIN is 1FK 000369. It is a 1995 model with a 1994 build date.
Thanks for any help.

Dealer can tell you if you call with the VIN. BUT, you can also look at the carbs on the left side of the bike. If it was a cali carb set there would be a port justting out just under the left front carb diaphram cover (and there is supposed to be a wire holder for the hose bolted to that cover). Of course if it's all intact there will be the black bottle on the frame rail just above the middle gear area.

Sean

Welcome M8! Hope you stick around.

It may have that little wire on the diaphragm cover even if it is a 49 state bike. They come on all of them. My 49 state bike had it... For about 3 weeks... lol

Of course all the other plumbing isn't on the 49ers... Of course the PO may have removed it all long ago!

Chris

Welcome M8! Hope you stick around.

It may have that little wire on the diaphragm cover even if it is a 49 state bike. They come on all of them. My 49 state bike had it... For about 3 weeks... lol

Of course all the other plumbing isn't on the 49ers... Of course the PO may have removed it all long ago!

Chris

So that is what that thing was! I was curious but figured it didn't need to be there so never put it back on after installing the jet kit. LOL, thanks guys. Been learning a lot from you in the past couple days.

Front/rear carbs look the same, no extra port I can see. I'll check with dealer and ask about VIN. Nearest dealer is almost an hour away by car, probably 20 min on Max. :rofl_200: Much more fun to ride there than to call on phone. Thanks for replies.

Latest posts

Back