CA Vietnam veterans' memorial defaced by graffiti

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
These people need to be thrown in jail for awhile, and conscripted to 1000 hours of community service, the first part of which is repairing the damage to the veterans' memorial.

Since they 'tag' using their name as a graffiti 'artist' it should be a simple arrest.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/05/27/vandals-deface-vietnam-war-memorial-in-venice/

VENICE (CBSLA.com) — Vandals defaced a memorial to Vietnam war veterans in Venice – an awful sight on this Memorial Day weekend.

Stewart Oscars welled up as he looked at the vandalized mural located on Pacific Avenue near Sunset Court. It was covered in graffiti from end to end.

“This knocked me out. So sickening. Just sadness…think of all these people. They’re gone,” Oscars said. “I remember the Vietnam war and how friends went to war, and bodies came back. Somehow, it has to be taught that this is not a good idea. This is actually stupid.”

The memorial was dedicated to service members who were listed as missing in action during the Vietnam W
ar.

Why anyone would find this acceptable is beyond me. Forced labor sounds good to me.

Considering that LA is fitted with one of the highest concentrations of remote video cameras, I find it difficult to believe that there is no footage that can lead authorities to the "artists"...

I think this type of "art" deserves proper recognition - starting with some time served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen the photos but I can say Venice Beach was the first place I went to when I moved to LA in the mid '80's. I whole new breed of wanderers I never wanted to see again.Boardwalk, Muscle beach, Canals, Looong promenade for a few miles with things you have never seen. Some of it I never wanted to see again-ever. Seems now gangs are there.

Catch 'em , give 'em a choice . Clean it up and 5 year probation with the task of keeping it clean over every weekend....or 5 years hard time at Leavenworth .

I vote 5 yrs hard time at Leavenworth AND having to clean the memorial EVERY weekend!!!

Latest posts

Back