Caliper rebuild kits?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st Shirt Maxer

Reaction score
Where is the best place to pick up some quality caliper rebuild kits? I've looked at a couple of websites but wanted to see what everyone else is using.

If you want assured quality then then OE is probably your best bet.

Put 1FK-W0047-00-00 (two piston) or 3HE-W0047-50-00 (four piston) into Google to find the best price.

I probably have the kits on hand but rarely ever use them. Most of the time you can take the calipers apart, clean everything, and reassemble. A little damage to the outer dust seal is not normally going to cause any issues. If it's going to take more then a few hours to do the rebuild (or days anyway) then put the seals into clean brake fluid so they stay the same size and don't swell on you.

Sean

Thanks for the info, I really like not spending any money to fix something. I'll give this a try and if I find anything significant, ill drop you an email to pickup a seal kit. I think you will be able to say that you have rebuilt my max after all this is over...haha

Back