Can anyone tell?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakk69

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Can anyone tell me if this seat is stock or custom? I want to protect it but I don’t know what to use? (Cleaner and conditioner)
Thanks,
Zakk

Attachments

• C466BD3A-30F5-4441-888F-629D4C536E93.jpeg
    C466BD3A-30F5-4441-888F-629D4C536E93.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Looks like The front two are just modded OEM pieces. Would need to see the underside of the pilon seat, but it looks like it may be a custom piece. No storage in there, is there? The fender/sidecovers appear to be fiberglass aftermarket ones.

Saddlesoap is what I use to clean leather. I think Meguiar's is what I have used for conditioning. I've used a Sharpie to touch-up worn spots, for bigger areas, a good show dye can restore some color, we're lucky, as seats are usually black. Contrasting stitching causes a problem, I wouldn't get too-close to any of that with a dark dye.

Last edited:
Looks like The front two are just modded OEM pieces. Would need to see the underside of the pilon seat, but it looks like it may be a custom piece. No storage in there, is there? The fender/sidecovers appear to be fiberglass aftermarket ones.
There is no storage. The previous owner put some $ in this bike! (Paint, exhaust, and I believe some engine work too). I’ll shoot you a picture.

Attachments

• C47DFF9D-C05E-4A06-8AFA-121068415571.jpeg
    C47DFF9D-C05E-4A06-8AFA-121068415571.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Not that I'm aware of. Most bike seat reupholstery shops would offer that as an option. Sean Morley has a guy he uses who does good work. I've seen VMax embroidered onto the pivoting center piece, that looks good.

Latest posts

Back