Can I get your opinion on tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choctaw

Reaction score
are the shinko's as good as the Exedras from what I can find there is $40 difference on a set shinko-230 series versus the bridgestone Exedra G525 AND G526 combo:confused2:

Shinkos are cheap, very grippy esp. in the rain but wear out faster. The T230s are what I had on my old '86, and also what I've just fitted to my '00. I was very happy with them.

A lot of people here like the Metzeler ME880 which are dearer but last much longer, while still being sticky enough for most.

The Dunlops are total shite - soap like - steer away from them.

Dunno how many people have run the Bridgestone, they used to be OEM tires but dunno if they were the Exedras. I've had the Exedras on other bikes and they were ok.

Thanks NaughtyG ,,,I was going to go with the Exedras but I found a deal on the T230's $147 shipped but I didn't have any exerience with them:punk:

I replaced my rear tire last season on my 05, I'm an aggressive rider and the stock Bridgestone lasted around 7500 miles. I replaced it with another Bridgestone with no regrets, I like the looks of the raised black lettered tire also.

I put the OEM size Bridgestones Exedras on my bike about a month ago....rides ok....plenty of grip..

just got another rear today. #5 since may 10. i love metzlers, they smoke just right. they have just enough fishtail out of cloverleafs. they are cheap to buy. im brutal on tires. do yourself a favour and go 170 80/15. looks better and fits nicely.

peace,
evan...

Back