Can I wait awhile for a tune after decat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharmer81

Reaction score
I've got an Akrapovic midpipe and slip-ons. I already installed the slip-ons and want more sound. Can I install the mid-pipe now and wait a couple months to send in the ECU for a reflash when the weather is nasty, or do I need to wait to install the midpipe till I can have the ECU flashed? I realize it won't run optimally, but will it hurt the bike?

I dont know, but one person that would is Tim Nash. Ive spoken with him, and I put him in the same category as Sean Morley. Yes he is a business man, but an HONEST one. I cant see him saying that you need something now (just to make a quick sale) vs waiting a couple of months.

I have only had my Max 6 weeks and am doing various things such as new tires, mounted yesterday. Got an integrated taillight/tag mount from Sean that I need to install. With this stuff I have also been emailing Tim about modifying the air box with K&N, going with DD in the clutch, Akra mid pipe along with Tim's flash. He gave advice if I didn't do everything at once in order. I would also advise that you call or email him to get direction on this. I know I have thrown so many questions and scenarios at him and he has always given me answers and I have not purchased anything from him at this point. I will definitely be spending some money with him in the very near weeks cuz he's the man!

Back