Can somebody explain what air correctors are?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
I have been reading about them that they need to be used with a modded air box or if running just the filters. I tried searching for pictures but didn't find any. So what are they for?

They richen up the main air jet. They are needed because with individual filters you go way lean on the intake side. Shorter velocity track too.

They look similar to a main jet but aren't threaded on the end. Here's the top of one.

img002Large.jpg

Yes, main function of main air jet is to work with main fuel jet.

My first time to see them also, could this be used as a remedy for a lean condition from exhaust mods ? are they costly and easily removed should you find you have gone too rich ?

My first time to see them also, could this be used as a remedy for a lean condition from exhaust mods ? are they costly and easily removed should you find you have gone too rich ?
never thought about that. My guess is that it wouldn't work just popping those in to fix a lean condition but I may be wrong. Be interesting to find out

They are $10 a set. Easy to install but not as easily removed (though not hard with the right size extractor). With the modified air box or individual filters the bike will flat not rev - just idle. I don't think this would work to correct a lean condition.

They are a bit easier to remove if you put some finger nail polish remover first. Then, screw in a sheet metal screw and pull with some pliers.

Hey folks I'm about to have a stage 7 (dyno jet) installed and I was wondering if these air correctors are in my kit or are they already in my stock carbs?

I was looking in the parts list for my kit and there is nothing says air corrector . is there another name for them.

thanks Steiny

Back