Can we use R/R from smaller engine bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabit1

Reaction score
Hi

I read somewhere that all R/R are the same. We can use any that sort of fits.

But is it ok to use one from smaller engine say for example from an R6 or Ninja 6R?

Or does it have to be coming from the approximately the same engine size with Vmax?

Thanks.
Regards,

Hi

I read somewhere that all R/R are the same. We can use any that sort of fits.

But is it ok to use one from smaller engine say for example from an R6 or Ninja 6R?

Or does it have to be coming from the approximately the same engine size with Vmax?

Thanks.
Regards,

Some R1 and zx14 mofset R/R will fit.
3 connectors to the stator on one side, one hot and one ground on the other side.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much all regulators do the same function and can be swapped from bike to bike. The connections however will need to be modified and the mounting will also of course vary. Some very small bikes might have a regulator that's not large enough to cool effectively as it converts the AC current to DC and burn off the excess current not used by the bike.

Basically not large enough to handle the current flow. I'd think anything larger then a dirtbike (enduro) should be adequate.

thank you Sean,

The reason I asked is because there is this local kawasaki shop nearby that sells one for ninja 650 (2 cyl) for about $60. and they also have the ninja zx6r (4 cyl) for a lot more $110.

they currently dont have one in stock for larger bikes zx10r or zx14. and I couldnt find any from yamaha dealers here.

So for 2cylinders bike like ninja 650, probably not good enough, right?

thanks again,
regards

It's possible that the current will overwhelm the ability to dissipate the heat. I do sell an aftermarket vmax unit for $75 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Back