can you get an oem fuel pump?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apsolus

Reaction score
so ive had my bike apart trying to fix a cylinder misfire under load. per recommendations i was checking out the plug wires at the coils and found some green in there. cleaned all that up. went to start my bike and didnt hear the fuel pump. crank no start now. all i did was unbolt it and all to check out the plug wires in the rear. well i guess its shot . gotta love how you fix one thing and something else breaks. really!? anyway i would like to use an oem pump. but all i can find are aftermarket. whats a good pump that will instll nicely? or should i just get one of them 65 dollar ones? l

i took it apart yesterday. no obvious issues. ill go ahead and buy aftermarket

i installed a spare fuel pump i had lying around and still no pump. so ive got batt voltage at the connector key on but no pump. the pump must be controlled on the negative side, ,through a relay? i had all the harness connectors unplugged in order to move the harness out of the way to get the tray the front two coils are bolted to out of the bike to clean up the plug wires. i did dialectric grease on all the connectors i unplugged as a maintainance precaution. anyone shed any light on this? everyting is plugged back in and the original pump works if i jump it straight to battery

Have you checked the fuse? There's a 10amp fuse that runs the fuel pump and neutral light I think. Pull your fuses and make sure they're not blown and check that they're not corroded. Clean them up/replace and see if that helps.

i dont think there is a fuse. didnt see one anyway. i did pull and check the 4 fuses on the block. all good. i did find a thread and the owner was having the same issues.

performed the handlebar switch test. ive got continuity on the red/white and red/ green wires when in reserve. moved on to the relay test but the colors are different than whats shown here. iv e got no red and white wire at the fuel pump relay. so ive got power at the fuel pump connector until i plug in the fuel pump. back probing the wiring when the pump is connected proves this. so the circuit cant support a load. bad wiring? ill need wiring diagram for this circuit. guess ill order a manual

so after noticing i didnt have a blue wire at the fuel pump relay i looked around and found one at the turn signal relay. i swapped connectors! haha damn. not used to being able to do that so i didnt even look. now that i hooked itup properly all is wall. damn i chased my tail for days fo r that! thanks for your help firemedic

Every electrical diagnosing should start with electrical diagram and diagnostic procedure from manual.

Last edited:
so after noticing i didnt have a blue wire at the fuel pump relay i looked around and found one at the turn signal relay. i swapped connectors! haha damn. not used to being able to do that so i didnt even look. now that i hooked itup properly all is wall. damn i chased my tail for days fo r that! thanks for your help firemedic
Glad you persevered. Sometimes you have to undo prior owners' mistakes.

Latest posts

Back