Can you guys give me your opinon/value on these bikes:

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the people at the Broward Motorsport. They sell a lot of bikes. I agree, a good or fair price for either. Wonder if there are any accidents for either?

I am out by Broward Motorsports during the week. If I get a chance, I'll see that one.

That 2007 has had a lot of mods done to it and looks pretty good. The other is closer to stock, 4 years older for about the same price. The 07 seems like the better deal although someone that has modded there bike may have been riding it a bit harder than the guy who has left it more stock??? maybe not though. for some reason the 03 actually appeals to me a bit more. I'm not sure why, headlight or mirrors maybe?

Matt

On that '07, I'm seeing headlight, mirrors, painted Tach, knee plates, no rear turn signals,exhaust...what else am I missing?

My big concern with either bike is how hard has either been ridden. I do notice that both bikes have aftermarket mufflers, though I am uncertain if the headers are stock or not. With the (apparent) quality of the mod work done to the 07, I would venture to guess that any mods to the engine should not prove to be problematic.

If it checks out, I would go for the 07

My big concern with either bike is how hard has either been ridden. I do notice that both bikes have aftermarket mufflers, though I am uncertain if the headers are stock or not. With the (apparent) quality of the mod work done to the 07, I would venture to guess that any mods to the engine should not prove to be problematic.

"I would venture" seriously :rofl_200:

Has anyone got more info on the headlight on the 07? I really like it!

Never mind: MT03

Are we looking at the same ads ?
The '07 has Supertrapp slip-ons and the '03 has Stock exhaust in the ads linked in the OP.
Which means both have stock headers as well and both more than likely have stock jetting.

They both look like decent deals, so it just comes down to which one you like better and a test ride to make sure there's no issue with the transmission of the one you like better.

Attachments

• 07-with-Supertrapps.jpg
    07-with-Supertrapps.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 03-Stock.jpg
    03-Stock.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 20
Whats ya'll take on the mods for that '07.

Love that headlight treatment!
Looks kind of "HyperPete-ish" (check out his M109 mod)
Overall, the bike looks clean - but an 07 for this price, from a Dealer?.....I'd insist on some kind of warranty, especially covering transmission failure.
Good luck with your search!

The '07 has Supertrapp slip-ons and the '03 has Stock exhaust in the ads linked in the OP.
Which means both have stock headers as well and both more than likely have stock jetting.

They both look like decent deals, so it just comes down to which one you like better and a test ride to make sure there's no issue with the transmission of the one you like better.

DMAN999, Have a closer look at the 03. They are not stock.

oops! maybe they are? I think I saw the diff housing as a endcap and don't know what the writing is on the can. Sorry.

oops! maybe they are? I think I saw the diff housing as a endcap and don't know what the writing is on the can. Sorry.
Yep, that is definitely the Stock Exhaust on the '03.
The writing looks like the info normally on the underside, which usually can't be seen.
I have no idea why it's visible on that one, it may be a sticker though.

Make sure you look close at all the aluminum for oxidation under clear coat on any aluminum part. The scoop on the 2003 looks like it has it on the scoop but it might just be a bad picture. Look for it on fork lower's scoop's valve cover's grab bar or sissy bar rim's. look and feel up under the fender for tire rubber build up from doing lot's burn out's. Look close at the swing arm for molten tire rubber splashed on it. Same with the center stand. Check for 2nd gear popping out when you test ride. At that price make sure the bike has a nice clean fit and finish and is ready to ride and show off. you can get a super nice gen 1 vmax for that price. Make sure it run's super good also. $5000 is top dollar for a gen 1 and it will get you a clean great running bike. Good luck and i hope you find as nice of one as the one i had. it's out there just take your time and look at high and low...................vmax-mike

Attachments

• Mike_Side1-1.jpg
    Mike_Side1-1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Vmax milan dragway-5-12-12 155.jpg
    Vmax milan dragway-5-12-12 155.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Vmax milan dragway-5-12-12 165.jpg
    Vmax milan dragway-5-12-12 165.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 21
Just to let you know to fix the aluminum oxidation is not easy or cheep. The oxidation happen's under the thick clear coat so you would have to strip it and polish it out but than it still will never look perfect again unless you powder coat or chrome the parts. The knee brace's like on the 07 give a gen one a tough look and look so much better if you pay the $100 to have them chromed. Try to find a bike thats clean and has a wind screen and a sissy bar. Even if you dont want them because you can always sell them for good amount of mod monkey money. OEM sissy bar and windscreen are worth around $300 to $400 if in great shape.

To give you some reference, I'd value my bike around where theirs are and it has:

- Stage 7 jet kit
- Morley's muscle airbox
- $450 rear suspension
- Hindle 4-1-2 Headers
- Dale Walker Holeshot slip ons (completes full exhaust)
- Previously had $2,000 Vgas FCR carbs, traded for current ones
- Progressive front suspension
- 170 rear tire washer swap
- Frame braces
- Corbin seat
- LED headlight
- Jetted to spec for mods
- Twist on oil filter adapter
- Oring mod
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Mosfett r/r
- Vboost
- Other stuff

And recent maintenance includes (also probably forgetting some):

- Valve clearance*
- Spark plugs*
- Valve cover gaskets
- Two new tires
- Total strip and reseal/recoat of gas tank with KBS
- Fuel/air filter
- Totally rebuilt carbs (new slides as well)
- Two oil changes
- Coolant flush*
- Brake fluid*
- Fuel lines cleaned
- Wiring checked
- New mosfett r/r installed
- Charging system checked
- New 430 CCA sealed battery
- Fork seals checked
- New grips
- Steering head adjusted
- New oil filter
- Compression checked (perfect)
- Kickstand switch override
- LED turn signals (only one installed, resistor needed)*
- Also other stuff

*Some of the maint. things are ready to do, but not done yet. Carbs still need a good sync

Heck, I'd sell my bike for less than they're selling theirs for, I'd suggest shopping around a bit more :D

The 2007 sold 2 weeks ago. Standing in the dealership now. They are lazy & didn't pull the ad.

Yep, that is definitely the Stock Exhaust on the '03.
The writing looks like the info normally on the underside, which usually can't be seen.
I have no idea why it's visible on that one, it may be a sticker though.

Zoom in a little bit on the exhaust on that 03. You see that black band? Thats the muffler clamp which bolts to the mounting tab on the frame. Also, you can see the brand name looks laser etched into the side of the muffler. From a distance, it may look to have the same shape as stock... ok, I did some looking, and I am now a bit confused. It Definitely looks like something is on the side... some sort of writing...

Could that just be scratches on the muffler that l see? And what I thought was a black band now I am guessing to be the reflection of the passenger peg.

Ok, attaching an image. Blew up the pic to 200%, and I am seeing things that are triggering warnings.
I circled the questioned spot on the muffler in red. I also noticed three areas that almost look to me like possible damage, and they are circled in yellow. Makes me question whether or not the bike was downed?
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Vmax possible damage.JPG
    Vmax possible damage.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 29
Back