can you powdercoat a spin-on adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
could you powdercoat a spin on oil filter adapter? would the heat be too much?

thoughts?

I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I figure the oil gets to around 280-300 degrees at it's hottest. The powder melts at 400 degrees initially but then requires 600+ to burn off. We've powdercoated a set of cylinder heads years ago and other then cleaning all the gasket sealing areas it never did peel or have any issues.

Sean

thats true my valve covers have held up marvelously. thanks danny and sean!

I don't know if oil will chemically affect the Pcoating... Why don't you anodize it? it will be a cleaner look

Powdercoat will be fine. You just need to ensure you keep threads clear, and I would avoid o-ring and gasket surfaces. It just makes it easier if you have to scrape rubber or whatever off at a later date.

Powdercoat will be fine. You just need to ensure you keep threads clear, and I would avoid o-ring and gasket surfaces. It just makes it easier if you have to scrape rubber or whatever off at a later date.

Great point, removing P.C. is a bit of a pain. Takes longer to get off than put on for sure. Tape up what needs to stay clean. Special heat tape used of course.
Steve-o

Back