Canadian needs US members help/advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolman

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I have a 1985 max that was last registered in the US. The bike came into Canada several years ago and has has a couple of owners. It was never registered in Canada and I would like to get it registered in my name. the last owner as far as I know was Matthew G. Stacey in S Royalton VT in 2002 Possibly someone in this group knows that person, or could run the vin# to see if the bike was ever stolen or ownership transferred.

This bike was involved in a flood and by the time I gained ownership it had been completely torn down.

I didn't want to post the vin# for everyone to see, but if you want to run the number I will provide it to you.

I think there are toll free numbers for US citizens to use. One phone # I was given is 802-234-5718 for Montpelier VT Dept of transportation.

I haven't contacted Vermont agency of transportation Dept. of motor vehicles yet. I'm trying to save some money on long distance fees and services. I will pay for any charges required to trace the vin#.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure I can do a vin check that wasn't registered in Kansas but send it to me and I can see if I get lucky with any info. I do have a sheriff friend that is also a vmax guy that might help out too.

Sean
[email protected]

Pm me the vin I have a Contact who should be able to tell us if it is stolen or re registered.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to get very far with this yet. A couple of members have tried but they were out of state.

Are there any members in this group that live in or may have connections with someone that lives in Vermont?

A big THANK YOU to the kind folks that have already looked into this for me.

at least I now know that the bike was not stolen.

hey everyone,

I have a 1985 max that was last registered in the US. The bike came into Canada several years ago and has has a couple of owners. It was never registered in Canada and I would like to get it registered in my name. the last owner as far as I know was Matthew G. Stacey in S Royalton VT in 2002 Possibly someone in this group knows that person, or could run the vin# to see if the bike was ever stolen or ownership transferred.

This bike was involved in a flood and by the time I gained ownership it had been completely torn down.

I didn't want to post the vin# for everyone to see, but if you want to run the number I will provide it to you.

I think there are toll free numbers for US citizens to use. One phone # I was given is 802-234-5718 for Montpelier VT Dept of transportation.

I haven't contacted Vermont agency of transportation Dept. of motor vehicles yet. I'm trying to save some money on long distance fees and services. I will pay for any charges required to trace the vin#.

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to get very far with this yet. A couple of members have tried but they were out of state.

Are there any members in this group that live in or may have connections with someone that lives in Vermont?

A big THANK YOU to the kind folks that have already looked into this for me.

at least I now know that the bike was not stolen.

PM sent

Latest posts

Back