Can't align front downpipes back on the manifold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Crunch

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've bought a fantastic 98 Vmax that had some nice looking, but too loud for my taste, aftermarket exhaust pipes.

I've replaced these for the stock exhaust, but in order to do so, I have also remove the front downpipes.

Now everything is back together, but I can't quite get a tight fit with the exhaust manifold. The watchyoucallit clamp doesn't line up, and I can only get one of the two nut back.

Is there a magic incantation needed to fit these pipes? Or just perseverance? Any tips on exhaust re-installation?

Thanks,
Eric

Yup... this thing would try the patience of Buddha. I also suspect that the cross bar thing is bent, and that's why I can't get a tight fit.

I'll try again

Hi all,

I've bought a fantastic 98 Vmax that had some nice looking, but too loud for my taste, aftermarket exhaust pipes.

I've replaced these for the stock exhaust, but in order to do so, I have also remove the front downpipes.

Now everything is back together, but I can't quite get a tight fit with the exhaust manifold. The watchyoucallit clamp doesn't line up, and I can only get one of the two nut back.

Is there a magic incantation needed to fit these pipes? Or just perseverance? Any tips on exhaust re-installation?

Thanks,
Eric

Are you keeping the loud pipes ? May want to list 'em here & recoup some $ Amazingly , some houligans on the forum actually like 'em loud . :rofl_200:

Back