Can't beat a road trip and 32 oz. steak!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHILDERS

Reaction score
Went on a trip through the Oregon cascades and high desert this weekend. Three days of camping and 32 oz. of beef steak at the Cowboy Dinner Tree restaurant in the middle of no where. I'm seriously ready to go again.

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

Looks like a great time!

The guy with the KTM HAS to have an ass made of Iron...

I prefer not to comment on my cousin's posterior. It's hardness is none of my business. Seriously, he's a stud of a rider. (Very hard to keep up with in the corners on that supermoto believe it or not). Probably half of the time he rode standing up. About 800 miles in 2.5 days! I'm ready to go again. This time I won't wear a 90 lb. back pack with a tent, sleeping bag, jumper cables, tools, etc. in it.

Awesome scenery, in the background and on that plate!

I wish it were closer to Missouri.

One of these days.....................

:clapping:

Mmmmmm...... steak.......

Does that pic of the steak remind anyone of a particular scene from one of the great classic comedies "The Great Outdoors" ?

Where exactly is the Cowboy Dinner Tree? I live in Oregon and make it to the great central desert during the winter for training most every year. Looks like a pretty good meal. I assume they don't even try to sell you a dessert.

It's pretty simple to find although it's in the middle of the desert.
You can google maps it. Basicly, about 5 miles south of Silver Lake on East Bay Rd. Dinner is $23.75. You have to call and make reservations. There's no menu. You just tell them ahead of time whether you want the chicken meal or the steak (1 whole chicken or a 32 oz. steak respectively). First they bring out a salad and a drink in a quart canning jar. Two glasses of the lemonade for me! Then a huge pot of beans and homemade rolls (the rolls are my favorite part of the meal. I'm typically feeling full by now. Next comes the baked potato and steak. I'm proud to say I ate my whole steak in one sitting this trip. (Although It's tough to ride that last 30 miles after dinner when you're prairie doggin'). Finally they bring out dessert. Killer meal. And if your a normal person (unlike me) you should have at least another meal of leftovers in just rolls and steak alone. The place runs on a little generator. It's pieced together with barn boards. Totally cool, an experience like no other. We left from Roseburg, traveled through Canyonville, Trail, Union Creek, Diamond Lake, across the Klamath Marsh to Silver Lake. If you're from the Medford/ Ashland/ Grants Pass area, it should take you 2.5 to 3 hours to get there. Definately worth it at least once. I've never heard of another place like it. We're going to take our girls there again next month and take them through the old homesteads in Fort Rock as well.

Dude, you just need to leave Idaho on another trip to Bend and accidentally veer south at Burns!

Latest posts

Back