can't find a dyna d3k7-7

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boathead70

Reaction score
I have been looking for a dyna d3k7-7 for my 85 vmax I understand they are discontinued I was wondering if there is a different part number or an alternative cdi box by another company or a way too convert too the d3k7-6 for the 90 or newer bike any help with this would be appreciated.:punk:

Lots to be changed to make the older bike digital. Almost need a scrap donor bike to be worth while....

Get with Dingy for his ignition box he has available (I have one on hand but wasn't planning on selling it). We can convert the bike to the newer ignition (and we can sell you a dyna for that one) but it's not worth the change in my opinion.

Sean

So if I can't find a d3k7-7 box is there any other products out there too modify or beef up my ignition system??

At this point, I don't have any of the Ignitech units available. I do have one I am planning on using at some point, but it has NO2 capabilities, it was an upgraded version of the TCIP4's that I had a few months ago.

If there is enough interest, I might get another batch of them. At least I have the parts sourcing learning curve over with.

I sold 6 or 7 to this group. Haven't heard much either way on them. The Venture side though has sent a fair amount of feedback, all of it very positive. One of the Venture users is working on a TPS mod in place of the MAP sensor.

Early Venture TCI's are known to fail due a lot to where they are mounted on bike.

Gary

Back