Can't give the BKing away?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a bad thing, today. Stopped in at a Suzuki dealer in Dallas just to put eyes on a BKing.

Chatting with the dealer (had two on the floor), he indicated that he can't move one. He said it's kind of a niche bike (much like our VMaxs), stuck between the cruiser market and the sport bike market. Didn't really appeal to either, very much.

Very interesting bike. Seat height seemed much higher than the Max, and the bike felt a little (though not much) lighter.

With my tax refund on the way, probably wasn't a good idea to stop and look. *sigh*

Did a bad thing, today. Stopped in at a Suzuki dealer in Dallas just to put eyes on a BKing.

Chatting with the dealer (had two on the floor), he indicated that he can't move one. He said it's kind of a niche bike (much like our VMaxs), stuck between the cruiser market and the sport bike market. Didn't really appeal to either, very much.

Very interesting bike. Seat height seemed much higher than the Max, and the bike felt a little (though not much) lighter.

With my tax refund on the way, probably wasn't a good idea to stop and look. *sigh*

go for it jay life is short

The Bking is a nice bike. Our local suzi dealer also has one and since my wife bought her bike from the store manager (his personal bike) we always drop by for visits.

The seat feels about the same as my Max did, though a lot more comfortable. The problem I ran into is that I have long legs and my legs hit the intake scoops. Granted, they are dished for just this reason, but my legs were at the top of the intakes, not sitting nicely in the dished area. This kinda sucks as I had been thinking that if mamma yamaha doesn't bing out the new vmax, I might snag a bking. I still want to ride it though and I almost have our friend talked into it. They treat the bike much like Yamaha does the FJR, no tests rides. So it's going to take some work. If I can get it out on the street, I'll let you all know what I think.

Has anyone here managed to play with one? I know for it's debute a few dealers acrossed the country did hand out some tests rides, or so I heard.

It would be great if one of the folks on this board has given on a test ride.
dont matter what a board member thinks about the test ride..if he rides it and cant afford it...what do you think hes going to say...your oppion is the only one that matters

dont matter what a board member thinks about the test ride..if he rides it and cant afford it...what do you think hes going to say...your oppion is the only one that matters

113S&S - I have to respectfully disagree with you here - I will always give you an honest opinion/comparison on 3 things when it comes to bikes - technology, fit n finish (visual appeal) and the test itself. I won't as far as looks, because everybody's opinion is different on that one and it only matters to one person, the owner.

Mike

113S&S - I have to respectfully disagree with you here - I will always give you an honest opinion/comparison on 3 things when it comes to bikes - technology, fit n finish (visual appeal) and the test itself. I won't as far as looks, because everybody's opinion is different on that one and it only matters to one person, the owner.

Mike

i know you would MC... but someone is not going to buy a bike on someones opinion on how they feel about the bike .. only opinion that matters is the buyers.......guess if jayhawk is interested he should test ride and not care about what others think...that make sence...you telling him its great should mean nothing to him when making the decision the buy.......

It looks cool and it looks, on paper, way too fast for me. I don't need that kind of speed. I have the most fun on my Husky, and it can barely break 100. I have to shift 6 times, pulling at least two power wheelies in the process, before that thing winds out of first. :biglaugh:

i know you would MC... but someone is not going to buy a bike on someones opinion on how they feel about the bike .. only opinion that matters is the buyers.......guess if jayhawk is interested he should test ride and not care about what others think...that make sence...you telling him its great should mean nothing to him when making the decision the buy.......

Agreed!

Mike

Well they can GIVE one to me! :biglaugh: I considered a BKing for a while but I didn't want to give up the VMax. I didn't want 2 naked bikes that feels like my head is ripping off on the highway so I am now looking for a Busa instead. And that is probably 1 of the reasons it is selling so slow. With all that speed potential, you need to duck behind something.

Well they can GIVE one to me! :biglaugh: I considered a BKing for a while but I didn't want to give up the VMax. I didn't want 2 naked bikes that feels like my head is ripping off on the highway so I am now looking for a Busa instead. And that is probably 1 of the reasons it is selling so slow. With all that speed potential, you need to duck behind something.
Most of my riding is still in the suburbs, straight lines, and not much opportunity to wind it up.

It is fun getting to cruising speed fast, though. :eusa_dance:

Oh, and I do appreciate the comments on this forum from those that also ride, especially those that might have ridden a BKing. I'm not sure I'll be able to even get a test ride before pulling the trigger (if I decide to). Though if the bikes are slow to sell, perhaps I've got some more leverage than normal.

The biggest downer for me at this point is getting used to the looks. That tank is friggin' wide, man. The VMax fits my body perfectly...kinda like a comfortable pair of jeans, or something. And the exhaust note on the BKing? Damn, makes me feel like I should be riding in shorts and flip flops...

I've sat on one a few times and made vroom-Vroom sounds. Does that count as a test ride???

I like it...

a lot!

Just waiting on the new Max...

sat on one today while getting inspection sticker ... left leg shifting would be a pain in the ass for my legs knee is to high under the side covers that stick out off the side of the tank...no room to shift im 6 "2

sat on one today while getting inspection sticker ... left leg shifting would be a pain in the ass for my legs knee is to high under the side covers that stick out off the side of the tank...no room to shift im 6 "2

I'm about 5' 10", and can go both feet down flat on the ground on the VMax. (Much more fun with feet up, though...:eusa_dance: )

I'd be better able to fend off the urge to help stimulate the economy right now (and Suzuki) if there was more concrete news on the VMax. Just kinda got that toy itch right now. *sigh*

Interesting BKing road test

I'm about 5' 10", and can go both feet down flat on the ground on the VMax. (Much more fun with feet up, though...:eusa_dance: )

I'd be better able to fend off the urge to help stimulate the economy right now (and Suzuki) if there was more concrete news on the VMax. Just kinda got that toy itch right now. *sigh*

Interesting BKing road test

talked to the guy at service desk he said at one time he owned a vmax and loved it,,asked about the new max he didnt think it will happen and know one has heard a think

Back