Capt'n Bob's Ultimate Vmax Cruiser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad_Max

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to see & snap a few pics of the bike wadejesu sold a friend of mine. Since then he has definitely added a few nice upgrades that make his "The Ultimate Vmax Cruiser". Below is a few pics showing what I thought were the best attributes of this beautiful machine..
He showed up with a full load including an HP desktop PC, a Toshiba Laptop & my Stiletto seat. That's quite a bit to be carrying on a Vmax! B)
captnbike.jpg

captnloaded.jpg

The bike is a gorgeous, confortable & functional Cruiser.. With Corbin Custom seat & Cortech Bags.
captncruiser.jpg

captnseat.jpg

Extending the Cruise range is his own design of the "spare tank", capable of 140 miles between fillups.
captntank.jpg

captnrear.jpg

Of course for long rides, the Throttle Rocker prevents wrist cramp ;)
captnthrottle.jpg

And the nice comfy Highway Pegs :)
captnpeg-1.jpg

captnpegs.jpg

The rest of the goodies are the little extras that really make this bike unique.. Like the Rizoma mirrors, sunglass pouch, GPS & the 3" extention of the Magical Windscreen..
captntop.jpg

captnscreen.jpg

In case you missed the flush mount front blinkers on the edge of the screen fairing..
captnblink.jpg

Or the Soto racing braces.
captnbrace.jpg

and of course the Otec Goodies..
captnbrake.jpg

captnshift.jpg

All in all, this is one sweet Vmax, a true, defining "Muscle Cruiser" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl_jXwFgvic

He has since added TPX weather proof radar detector and alert LED atop the speedo, AND a Blinder Laser Jammer! :)

Attachments

• a radar 1.jpg
    a radar 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 87
  • a radarrr 2.jpg
    a radarrr 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 83
  • a raddar 3.jpg
    a raddar 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 82
That's one nice VMax. I think it even out does yours. Great pictures and video.

I hope you warned him about our LE Friends around your neighborhood.
I hope he didn't have a close encounter of the worst kind.:bang head::biglaugh:

That's one nice VMax. I think it even out does yours. Great pictures and video.

I hope you warned him about our LE Friends around your neighborhood.
I hope he didn't have a close encounter of the worst kind.:bang head::biglaugh:

It better out do mine.. there's a fortune invested in that bike, while mine is mimialistic and done on a tight budget.

He's already gotten 1 ticket and doesn't want anymore.. Hence the extra expence on radar/laser toys ;)

Your budget must be a whole lot bigger than mine, your bike really impressed me. His is unbelievable

Originally Posted by Bad_Max: He's already gotten 1 ticket and doesn't want anymore.. Hence the extra expence on radar/laser toys ;)
He's a very smart man...

I’m traveling for work but I’ll take a pic for you next week. I guess Captain Bob is no longer selling them.

He has since added TPX weather proof radar detector and alert LED atop the speedo, AND a Blinder Laser Jammer! :)

Iv'e had TPX systems on all several cycles for 8 years. Here is the problems I have with these systems.
1. In 8 years I have MAYBE jammed a laser signal once or twice. More often I have suspected a laser being pointed at me but no alert? Many more false laser jams than real.
2. While touring around the USA I have had THOUSANDS of FALSE radar alerts. Yes they say they have a City alert to reduce this, But all that is the system light only blinks twice and goes off. If you have it in this mode, you will probably not notice a real alert. In Illinois, my TPX went off through the whole state. It was NEVER off more than a few seconds.
3. Although the LED alert can be seen really well during the day, it is DANGEROUS at night. If you don't turn down the brightness it will BLIND you. I have had damaging spots on my retina's for HOURS after a nigh time LED alert. Several times after a false alert at night I was temporarily blinded and had to pull over until the spots on my retina's cleared enough to drive again. I challenge anyone with a TPX to sit in their garage at night and turn on the TPX to trigger the LED. Maybe it's just me, but I did that ONCE and I had spots on my retina's for hours.
4. The TPX system is not easily adjusted on the fly.
Here is my solutions to these issues with my TPX system. DON"T aim the LED light in direct line of sight. When I speed is the only time I monitor the system. All other times I ignore it because it never stops going off. Consider long and hard about the Laser jamming feature. A Laser device is so pinpoint that it can hit off your headlight and not trigger the detector below it.
For me, I have switched to a conventional top line detector that does't blind me. False alarms are a fraction of the TPS. Rare times when it rains, I pull the detector off my cycle.
Just wanted to share my experience.
Dennis

Latest posts

Back