Car drivers don't notice us....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. You still have to ride like no one can see you. Cagers are getting dopier and dopier every year.

Hy,
Here (Qebec) head-light always on (by the law) but yes i drive with the hight beam on.

But we have another issue;
When an accident occure; the driver might say the haven`t see the bike, but many of us here notice that driver didn`t take care, thinking the biker will have time to slow down. THING THEY WON`T DO WITH TRUCK COMMING hehe!

And all that twisted-mind-thinking come from our NO-FAULT-DRIVER-LAW, when you don`t pay for mistake you`l repeat it. More true with verry young drivers

So you guys if comme up north during summer, beware, like-U-alive:biglaugh:

I'd like to throw in some info here.

When I studied statistical analysis back in the 1980's I recall a lecturer describing an experiment on driver behaviour that speaks loud to this issue.

It dealt with the question: Why don't cagers (car drivers) see motorcycle riders at 'stop' and 'give way' signs?

The experiment required motorcycles to negotiate both situations while 3rd party observers monitored the numbewr of cars who did not give way, as well as the distance between riders and cagers who did or did not give way.

The most frequently used excuse by cagers for not giving wat was, 'Oh sorry. I didn't see them'.

The most frequent observation by the rider of those who failed to give way was 'They looked straight at me and pulled out anyway'

The second test was done with police motorcycles and quess what? NO ONE failed to stop or give way.

Conclusion: If you are not a threat you will be ignored.

Every cager is dangerous to you.

You have to ride your bike AND drive their car.

When I studied statistical analysis back in the 1980's I recall a lecturer describing an experiment on driver behaviour that speaks loud to this issue.

It dealt with the question: Why don't cagers (car drivers) see motorcycle riders at 'stop' and 'give way' signs?

The experiment required motorcycles to negotiate both situations while 3rd party observers monitored the numbewr of cars who did not give way, as well as the distance between riders and cagers who did or did not give way.

The most frequently used excuse by cagers for not giving wat was, 'Oh sorry. I didn't see them'.

The most frequent observation by the rider of those who failed to give way was 'They looked straight at me and pulled out anyway'

The second test was done with police motorcycles and quess what? NO ONE failed to stop or give way.

All of the above - great advice.
And the most obvious conclusion to me - My bike has to be disguised as cop iron! Just when I thought my mods were coming to an end.
But wouldn't that be hot - a V-Max police motorcycle! I wonder if any force uses them:ummm:
Cheers!

All of the above - great advice.
And the most obvious conclusion to me - My bike has to be disguised as cop iron! Just when I thought my mods were coming to an end.
But wouldn't that be hot - a V-Max police motorcycle! I wonder if any force uses them:ummm:
Cheers!

The Blues Brothers ride?

ask Danny or bill.......there was one dude in a vehicle that noticed us......he saw us very clearly...lol

I LOVE IT :worthy:

When i was riding in the mid/70, bikers still was associate to some kind of rought people image in the cagers subconscient and so was respected.

Being afraid bring some kind of respect

An all-white helmet is a great conspicuity device, as studies have shown. They are visible from far-further than a black helmet.

An added benefit-they are usually cheapest!

I usually drive like anyone can hit me, and I am usually 5 mph faster than the traffic around me. That way I'm constantly moving, changing lanes, not giving that little old lady in a 60's Buick, time to forget that I'm there, and try to change lanes on top of me.

Good info, I friend just bought kaw zl1000 used nice bike. We was just talking about cars seeing bikers on the road.

I went and bought a few reflector stickers. They show up real nice when the sun light hits them and car lights. I also added 4 more running lights to the front. And 1 motion light that flows from side to side mounted under my grab bar.

Attachments

• 0005.JPG
    0005.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 0004.JPG
    0004.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 0003.JPG
    0003.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 14
  • vmax 800 tail light.JPG
    vmax 800 tail light.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 15
  • vmax 800 front lighs.JPG
    vmax 800 front lighs.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 15
I ride with my high beam in the daytime for 2 reasons. First, of course, it makes me more visible, with the 2 extra lights I also have up there. The second reason is that whichever light is used more will likely burn out first, and I don't want my low beam to burn out while I'm riding at night. Blinding oncoming traffic at night with your high beam is just as dangerous as not having them see you.

a guy I know swears by the flashing headlight....says his near misses have gone down...

I ride with the attitude that every driver I share the road with hates me and is actively trying to kill me. Kept me alive so far.....

Sometimes you squeeze thru sometimes you dont,I try to be as safe as possible,Rode bikes for over 40 years.Person came over on me on the innerstate,Put me in the turning lane where the traffic was stopped,No where to go!Weaved thru what i could,Finally went down,Got a innerstate road tatto on my left cheek of my ass that has'nt washed off yet.Cant be too careful.

Purely subjective on my part but using the start button to flash the headlight whenever I'm in a situation where someone is waiting to turn left from oncoming lane, or waiting to pull out of a side street or parking lot seems to have saved my ass a few times.

Here another thing too.

When riding on surface streets where you have two lanes in each direction;

Ride in the lane closest to the center. Cars on your right waiting to enter the street from side streets are much more likely to see you, and can see you sooner.

White helmets are cool just do not be that asshole that rides the speed limit or less in the fast lane while traffic piles up behind you 'cause they think you're a cop. Your zip code in hell is right next to those shit hooks that do the same thing in a retired police cruiser.

Are those statistic still availebel:ummm:

Back