carb clean

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effingidiot

Reaction score
U.K. A soldier of life,just soldiering throu.
Been watching peashooter carb cleaning vid on youtube,i can't seem to find B-12 chemitool in the UK.Is there an alternative or will I have to pay postage from the USA.My carbs really need cleaning and synchronising,it starts fine and ticks over but runs a bit rough.When the carbs are sorted it's ready for the road.Cheers all.

C'mon, you're living in the middle of the F1 capital of the world. The Midlands. Go to a local shop and speak w/the mechanics, see what products they are using and can recommend, you'll be OK.

I've used hot Purple Power and concentrated Simple Green in the sonic cleaner with good effect. I like to still spray carb. cleaner and poke a guitar wire through the circuits. Simple Green will even clean your black powder guns if you don't let it set long. Those can be a bitch. Jet blocks and jets, I put in a jar of carb. cleaner and set it in the sonic cleaner full of liquid. Best done outside and with a breather hole in the cover. Harbor Freight sells the larger sonic cleaner cheap.

I've used hot Purple Power and concentrated Simple Green in the sonic cleaner with good effect. I like to still spray carb. cleaner and poke a guitar wire through the circuits. Simple Green will even clean your black powder guns if you don't let it set long. Those can be a bitch. Jet blocks and jets, I put in a jar of carb. cleaner and set it in the sonic cleaner full of liquid. Best done outside and with a breather hole in the cover. Harbor Freight sells the larger sonic cleaner cheap.
But do you play guitar?

If you are willing to pull the carbs and do a full cleaning, use a high "E" guitar string to run up into the fuel tracks in the carb body. It is small and strong enough to get where cleaning fluid may not reach of blow out if you have compressed air. Really works well.

Back