Carb Cleaner Additives?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gally

Reaction score
I am just starting to get into my own maintenance on the MAX, oil/filter , then Brakes.

Then I will tackle the carbs....shotgun, sync etc.

In the mean time, is it of any benefit to run any of those Gas additives. I looked for "seafoam"but no one seems to carry it in this part of the world. I found some GUNK carb/injector cleaner that you add to the gas.....is this of any benefit? Or will it make more problems than help?:ummm:

Thanks

GUNK is ok - just don't add too much - follow the directions & use enough for 4 gallons. I was using Amsoil PI for a while, but I'll bet that's REAL hard to find where you are.

Seafoam works well. Do the Peashooter once every several months will help the pilot circuit. Pour a shotglass full into a full tank of gas to clean the intake valves, etc.

BG 44K is the best I've used but it ain't cheap. $22 if I remember correctly. I put some in my Accord several years ago and the exhaust tips were spitting out black crap for a few days.

Seafoam and Techron are the only additive I will use.
Cant you purchase seafoam offline and have it shipped to where your at?
If it comes in a plastic container or cost less than 8.00 dollars how strong can it be:confused2:
If I think I got bad gas (water) I will pour a bottle of 99% (12 oz) ibproflyn alchol on to evaporate the water from the fuel.

Can any show me a picture of the can of Seafoam - i have asked for it at some local auto parts stores and they just look back at me like I'm on crack. :damn angry:

Mike

Thanks Mark! I having a bit of problems with right rear cylinder on idle, i have used a couple of other products before, but would like to give thsi a try.

:cheers: Mike

Can any show me a picture of the can of Seafoam - i have asked for it at some local auto parts stores and they just look back at me like I'm on crack. :damn angry:

Mike

Mike, the only place I found it near me was in a store that sold and did mechanical work on boats!

I have found it at Pep Boys and Autozone also. There are at least two types. Be sure and read the label and get the one for the gas tank. Also have versions for engine oil and ATF and ?. Use it in all my gas powered motors that ever sit for a while, like the mower does over the winter. No problems so I guess it works.....

Marine stores are a good place to get it if your auto parts stores don't have it. But It is usually a little more expensive in marine stores. Boat stores LOVE their markup.

Latest posts

Back