carb cleaning/tuning question....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that has a shop that will bench tune/ clean carbs if sent to them?(clean, adjust float level, adjust air/fuel mix..... only mod is a drop in k&n filter)
If so, whats the approx cost?
They have all 4 new diaphrams in them, just cant get the fuel/air mixture right on it.
Starting the bike with the T-boost on wont make them run rich will it?
Thought maybe that was the problem.
Too cold (and costly) to go to the yamaha shop to get them done.

What problems are you having? Mixture at idle or everywhere? Are they stock carbs? What year? The problem with sending somebody your carbs is with the mixture screw settings and the sync. If you sent them to me I could clean everything, set your floats and bench sync your carbs. I would put your carbs on my bike to get it dialed in further and see how it runs. But when I shipped them back your mixture screws might need to be a different setting....same with sync since every bike is a little different. If you could describe the problems you're having, maybe we can help you fix them. If it's just an idle mixture/sync problem, most of the time you can get that fixed w/o removing carbs from the bike.

Shawn is about the closest to me..... maybe I could arrange to take a jot down to you in the spring/ early summer....lol
factory carbs..... 1985 max.
Everything is stock....except for the drop in k&n.
Plugs are fouling out....lottsa black soot on them.
I bought a carb tune 2 for syncing....works awesome!
Bought a colortune....HATE IT!
Cant see no dang colors in it....except for when it arcs off the mirror.....lol.
Right now all 4 mix screws are 2 and 1/4 out.
(I do get SOME slight backfire when I back off the throttle....slowing down)
oh....and REAL nasty fume smell...whew!....lol)

Last edited:
I'll call you tomorrow if its ok.....11:45 right now
Just let me know what times ok.
Thanks Shawn.
Randy

Back