Carb drain broke off, repair fix.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
I broke off 1 of the carbs drain spout, To fix it - I drill out the back off the drain with a small drill bit. I install a silicone hose size 5/32" and wire tied so I don't pull through the drain plate holder. And extended all drain hoses about 5.5" to hang out so don't spill any gas on the motor paint. If you look at the picture of the carbs, the top lift carb you can see the blue hose slip over the drain. I used vacuum caps blue to cover up the A/F screw holes.

I hope this help some 1, if some 1 break 1 off

Attachments

• vmax carb drain repair.jpg
    vmax carb drain repair.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 51
  • vmax vcumm plugs and long hoses.JPG
    vmax vcumm plugs and long hoses.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 45
  • vmax vacuum plugs.JPG
    vmax vacuum plugs.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 46
Or, if you have spare carbs you simply pull the whole thing out and press the part back in.

Hi Sean, I did not no you could replace the drain. "Good 1 Sean" This works very well having a little bigger hole drains much faster on this carb no leaks. I extend the drain hoses so no gas drops down on the motor. There's a lot of room under the carbs to push them back in. Sean can you post few pictures this would be good info..

One of my drain plugs is broken on the '86, has anyone got a spare carb they could get the part from? If so, pls let me know and mail to Kyle as I'll see him later this month.

I am sure either I have one or danny. Vice grips to clamp on and pull the whole mess out (the plastic is pressed over the brass insert). Grip and Pull/Twist it right out. Then tap the replacement back in. I may have a few spares left.

I've use a drop of superglue to hold these in with success, they are a tight fit and might not need it, but to add a little extra. These things break easy and are hard to find. There's enough meat there to drill out, tap and find a small brass fitting to thread in. That's my next fix when they break again.I think I got Dann-o's last one. I do have one that has the little barb broken off. The center could be drilled through and a hose slipped ove rthe whole fitting. Then step the hose size down to fit in the factory bracket. That would be funtional and no hassle.

The hardest part is getting the good one out without breaking it lol!

One of my drain plugs is broken on the '86, has anyone got a spare carb they could get the part from? If so, pls let me know and mail to Kyle as I'll see him later this month.

The hose I install over top of it is working real good no leaks what's so ever.
I drilled a small hole at the back of the drain. When i need to drain the gas I can.

I'm defo going to need one of those drain nipples, so Kyle if you can manage to pull one out great, if not Sean I may need one of yours.

Is this a part that can be bought separately btw?

Back