Carb Exchange Service

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
I just finished up doing my first set of carbs using my new heated ultrasonic tank. Wow, they looked like new!

Got them assembled and back on the bike and for the first time in many years this customers bike ran like a top.

I've got the second set already out of the tank and waiting on a few parts I haven't stocked before (doh!). Should have them together this weekend or maybe early next week.

I've considered doing a carb exchange service but not sure how many would be interested in that. it takes quite a bit of time to completely clean them like this but for carbs that are a real problem this seems to work well. I know this customers bill is $700 but he also need a few hard parts like emulsion jets and a carb diaphram (as well as some other labor on the bike chassis itself).

Probably looking at a realistic cost of around $400-$500 for the set ready to go exchanged (provided the exchanged carbs have good carb diaphrams). Of course I would install my kit on the carbs for no additional labor if someone wanted a kit at the same time.

Sean Morley

nah, I can on this next set I suppose. Need to get a nasty set and do a before and after.

Sean

I used to use a heated ultrasonic tank to clean analyzer parts.

It's unbelievable how clean one of these can get stuff.

Rusty

I have a customer that makes HUGE ultrasonic tanks. Big enough to put cars in... :surprise:

Bluewave Ultrasonics

I think my carbs are OK so I don't need your service but I guarantee you that there are a lot of people that will need it.

Are you willing to set them up with your stage 6.5 too?

Chris

Yes, there would be no extra labor charge to set up the carbs at the same time I am cleaning them.

Sean

I might be interested in this. I've got a set that were pretty far gone, but I've nursed them back to almost working. It's a toss-up between trying something like this and sending them off to dannymax. Thoughts? I guess you'd need to see the parts for accurate pricing, too.

Yea, it can get expensive quickly if the rubber parts are shot. if the main slides and enricheners are good then it's not too bad. I still prefer to do the rebuild on the customers carbs. You and I both know what you're getting. I did have the set in my sale section (look for the Morleys Muscle section of the forum).

This sounds like a great idea. idea I cleaned the carbs on my old radian and I really don't want to do that again. Has anyone gotten it done since this thread was started?

I have 5 sets currently in process. We decided to finally start doing this a few months ago and working with another member to try and make this possible. There will be potiential "hidden" costs though as we won't know the condition of your slides until we get them here.

One possibility is to prepare the main rack and have the customer swap their slides and jets and send back the cores. This would work well for about any customer that way and swapping those parts is done easily enough.

Sean, what if a guy had some jets that matched his slides....stg 7 set-up or something similar....would he be able to exchange cores with the slides and jets removed?

That would be pretty sweet if it could be arranged.

If we left out the main jets, PAJ 2 jets, and PAJ1 jets, plus the slides. Those can all readily be swapped from the current carb sets to the fresh sets. The only thing that would not be readily swappable that could run an additional cost later would be the enrichener diaphragms though thankfully they last well unless the bike sat for a really long time.

Customers with our kit or stage seven would need to buy another set of air correctors from me or I can try and reuse them from exchanged carbs too.

Might be the best of everything for the customers. Quick carb turnaround that way.

Sean

How much do you charge to rebuild all 4 carbs? I have an 85 in need of some carb work. Thanks!

$400 with exchange (or done on your rack) plus return shipping. This includes all but the "hard parts" and slides/enrichener diaphragms.

Latest posts

Back