Carb flooding - not float related

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got fuel spewing from the main jet on one of my carbs. Pulled the carb apart and needle seat and float clean and working well. I'm going to do a complete rebuild and assume the issue is the o-ring under the jet block. Are there any other common source of problems I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Gotta be the needle sticking or crap in it. Probably a good idea to check float levels while you are in them, and then check wet level with them assembled.

You mean the needle jet, I think? It's running down the throat of the carb? I'd make sure the jet block wasn't warped, cracked or damaged in anyway. New o-ring and gasket on the jet block every time it's apart, is prudent. Jet block is tight?

You mean the needle jet, I think? It's running down the throat of the carb? I'd make sure the jet block wasn't warped, cracked or damaged in anyway. New o-ring and gasket on the jet block every time it's apart, is prudent. Jet block is tight?

+1 Assuming you mean the needle jet, and assuming this occurs with the motor not running.

Could be jet block distortion from overtightening the screws, using a flat surface and some appropriate grit emery cloth lap in the bottom of the jet block to ensure flatness.

If that turns out to be the problem the chances are good the other 3 carbs have the same issue to some degree and should be checked.

Back