Carb Jetting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go with USA spec, but either 150 or 147.5 Mikuni main jets for a stock insides motor, with either Morley's Muscle or Dynojet Stage 7 and a complete known quality full aftermarket exhaust. Not a Cobra 4-into-4! A quality synchronization (gauges are relatively inexpensive) and remove the aluminum plugs and tune the air bleed screws after the synchronization.

Thanks Fire medic, just curious why euro's are jetted differently. And I have stock exhaust. Ditched the cobra's. Sean was right of course, totally different bike. Mine had an idle issue but it seems to have been caused by improper a/f settings, probably from the cobra's.

Not all European bikes had the same power output e.g. France (and others?) were restricted 10 100 hp and the jetting between markets may be different.

The Cobra 4-into-4's look cool, but they are a soul-sapper in terms of what the bike's target audience is, performance cruiser aficionados. Every Cobra equipped bike I've ridden feels like a spark plug lead has been disconnected. No VBoost surge like a stock exhaust, properly-operating motorcycle. Flaccid throttle response. On top, less power. That's quite a compromise for the looks. If you want looks and performance, get the UFO Quad-Zilla 4-into-4 or the Star Rider Performance version is. I'm not sure if Sean Morley offers something like that.

Back