Carb kit for rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzmax

Reaction score
My Vmax has sat for a number of years and I need to go through the carbs. It's starts and idles poorly, but that is about it. It spits and stalls if you try to ride it. Where can I buy a rebuild kit with high quality parts? Any input would be appreciated.

Info for you.

VMax air bleed screw 4 pc..jpg

Above and below, Part #22 on the link below. Pilot screw set
VMax air bleed screw pkg-part no. .jpgVMax carb float area.pngVMax carb kit.jpgVMax FloatLevel bowl off.jpg

2006 Yamaha V-MAX 1200 (VMX12V) Carburetor | Ron Ayers parts diagram. I like Ron Ayres Yamaha for parts ordering.

Look in the 'how-to' section, and also use the upper right-hand 'search' function. Do lots of reading, print things out, make notes, and take lots of pictures each step of the way. I usually remove the throttle cables from the plastic junction box under the left airhorn. That's a good place to ensure that you take pics to guide your disassembly and reassembly. Use baggies, I usually use masking tape and a thin Sharpie marker to label the bags. Since this sounds like your first time, I'd say a good rule of thumb to give you a reasonable expectation of not making mistakes during reassembly, is if you remove something, take a picture of that. Where does it go, what is its name (& part #) on the parts fiche, and in what order did it come-off?

http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf Your bible.

Last edited:
Lots of good info here Fire-medic.

Have any of you found a good rebuild kit or are you buying piece by piece OEM parts?
I used the K&L kit shown in the pics along with a sonic cleaner. Should be all you need unless some hard part is damaged then I would try to find oem for those.

Latest posts

Back