Carb rebuild kits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibsy

Reaction score
Evening all đź‘‹ got the carbs stripped down and considering a rebuild kit off Fleabay. Obviously the Chinese shite is excluded from the get-go, OEM prices from Fowlers or CMS.NL are absolutely eye-watering. Has anybody tried the NAPCO kits? They are quite a bit more expensive so just wondering if better quality is reflected in that price.

cheers all. đź‘Ť

I suggest K&L if you're looking at aftermarket carburetor parts like O-rings and gaskets, and float seats/float valves. Get OEM brass, though. I'm not-sure about UK parts availability for the K&L kits, but they are OEM suppliers to the Japanese manufacturers.

K&L Economy Carburetor Rebuild Kit - Parts Giant

Yamaha VMX12 VMAX V-Max 85-07 Basic Carburetor Repair Kit K&L18-2879 | eBay

Here are a couple of online listings, note the K&L package # for the '85-'07 VMax is K&L 18-2879

Another USA supplier, I've used Dennis Kirk and never had any issues. A bit more-expensive.

K & L Economy Carb Repair Kit - 18-2879 Cruiser Motorcycle | Dennis Kirk

I suggest K&L if you're looking at aftermarket carburetor parts like O-rings and gaskets, and float seats/float valves. Get OEM brass, though. I'm not-sure about UK parts availability for the K&L kits, but they are OEM suppliers to the Japanese manufacturers.

K&L Economy Carburetor Rebuild Kit - Parts Giant

Yamaha VMX12 VMAX V-Max 85-07 Basic Carburetor Repair Kit K&L18-2879 | eBay

Here are a couple of online listings, note the K&L package # for the '85-'07 VMax is K&L 18-2879

Another USA supplier, I've used Dennis Kirk and never had any issues. A bit more-expensive.

K & L Economy Carb Repair Kit - 18-2879 Cruiser Motorcycle | Dennis Kirk
Alas K&L kits are not available in UK (to my knowledge anyway) the only ones I can find are all US with ridiculous postage costs,. and when (if!) the package arrives we are clobbered with customs and VAT fees on top. For this reason I wont buy anything from US. As previously stated, OEM parts prices are a total piss-take,.. - I wouldn’t pay the prices even if I could afford it.

I was always buying cheapest kits from ebay and everything was fine. Some parts were wrong, but I didn't need them anyway. Not all kit parts have to be replaced. I paid $23.75 for 5 kits shipped (I bought 1 extra kit and needed it just for 2 rubber plugs. One of kits had wrong plugs for jet block). Everything seems to be OK, but I didn't start engine yet. We'll see.

Same here. I order a lot of stuff. I rebuild Lawn Mowers, Pressure washers and generators. For my bikes and cars too. Get a lot my stuff from eBay and Amazon. Stopped ordering from China. I'm almost 70 and don't want to wait till I'm 75 to get my orders in....:mad:

Back