Carb Sync with bypassed Vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Digi Sync tool towards the end of the summer.. It's on the VMF venders... Well worth the money.. digital is soo nice plus it tell you your rpm vs. looking at the tach while making adjustments...

and you can do it with it open or closed.. it also depends on your set up and preference.. I have done mine with it closed and had good tunes...

I removed my servo motor and controller box, but left the butterfly manifolds in place. Left the linkage cable to the butterflys to where I could get to it. Used a "thottle stop" set screw thingie like on lawnmowers etc available at any parts store on that cable to be able to pull the butterflys open and tighten the screw keeping them open. You can then release the set screw and let the butterflys close for synching.

If you have vaccum leaks synching is pointless other than as you say for practice, and it's impossible to synch them with a vacuum guage with the butterflys open which is why I did not install the stage 7 manifolds....there is a flow device that measure air flow on top of the carbs that will do it...never actually seen one tho'.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
SO I WILL NEED TO MANUALLY CLOSE MY VBOOST BUTTERFLY VALVES THEN REOPEN THEM AND SECURE THEM OPEN AS BEFORE AFTER SYNC,ING THE CARBS. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE JP

Gentleman, may I ask you what the site is that you're referring to? The VMF vendors?
BTW, the Vmax sounds awesome. It's hard to keep them synced, but when they are, the bike is and sounds healthy.
Thanks guys

Gentleman, may I ask you what the site is that you're referring to? The VMF vendors?
BTW, the Vmax sounds awesome. It's hard to keep them synced, but when they are, the bike is and sounds healthy.
Thanks guys

Why is it hard to keep Vmaxs sync'ed? Only times I ever had to sync carbs were on bikes that havent run in years, rebuilt carbs/new carbs, or upgrades. I have had my Vmax now for over a year, synced it up cause I had idling issues when I first got it, but havent had to touch the carbs since. While I am not really a fan of CV carbs, they tend to last a very long time and they dont require a whole lot of adjustment throughout their life.

Maybe its just me that has this incredible luck. But I dont think Vmax carbs require a whole lot of syncing once they are done.

Why is it hard to keep Vmaxs sync'ed? Only times I ever had to sync carbs were on bikes that havent run in years, rebuilt carbs/new carbs, or upgrades. I have had my Vmax now for over a year, synced it up cause I had idling issues when I first got it, but havent had to touch the carbs since. While I am not really a fan of CV carbs, they tend to last a very long time and they dont require a whole lot of adjustment throughout their life.

Maybe its just me that has this incredible luck. But I dont think Vmax carbs require a whole lot of syncing once they are done.

I don't think its hard to keep the vmax carbs synched at all. If you don't remove the carbs from the bike, its a once a season check and typically, doesn't need much of an adjustment.

Latest posts

Back