Carb sync with V-Boost open and removed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
So a friend of mine just picked up a VMax, and should be putting up pix of it this week, but anyway. The previous owner didn't seem to be all that handy after looking the bike over. After fixing a few things, like getting the l/h side carbs all the way back into the boots haha and the 265 mile ride back from Illinois, the bike is running great. We decided to sync the carbs real quick, and once I got in there, I noticed the servo etc is gone for the V-Boost, not just unplugged like mine. How do I sync the carbs like this?

Wow quick response and thanks.

If you don't mind my ignorance how does this work? I may just go in halves on it with him even though it's cheap enough, and take all that nonsense off of my bike too.

Dustin, I believe you just take the airbox lid off and move the meter back and forth between the 4 velocity stacks. I think it would be easier if you had two of the meters.

You could try unplugging your vboost to see how you like it. You really don't gain much by putting the vboost eliminator tubes in place of the butterflies.

My bike is tuned for it open, but I plugged it in when I sync'd the carbs last time. That's the only reason I ever shut mine. Niether of our bikes have air boxes, they're stage 7 set ups.

Thanks Mark, I'll look into it, perhaps call the manufacturer of the deal.

Does the bike still have the VBOOST manifolds with the butterflies
If so make sure you close the butterflies and synch away
You cant synch carbs on the VMAX with VBOOST open well you can I guess but its like taking a shower with your clothes on

Does the bike still have the VBOOST manifolds with the butterflies
If so make sure you close the butterflies and synch away
You cant synch carbs on the VMAX with VBOOST open well you can I guess but its like taking a shower with your clothes on

I was looking for the butterflies to close manually, but got rushed and put it back together. I don't think it does but I'm going to take a closer look at his bike this week. We did some work to it tonight so tomorrow/wed it's going back together for a Thursday bike night.

YOU WOULD NEED TO MANUALLY CLOSE THE VBOOST BUTTERFLIES PRIOR TO SYNC,ING THE CARBS THEN REOPEN THEM AND CABLE TIE THEM OPEN ONCE YOU ARE DONE. MY VMAX HAS NEVER RAN WITH VBOOST IT JUST SOUNDS AND RUNS SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT VBOOST I WOULD REMOVE THE BUTTERFLY VALVES BUT THE SCREWS SECURING THE BUTTERFLY VALVES ARE SEIZED. YOU COULD BUY A NON VBOOST INTAKE MANIFOLD.

Back