Carb syncronizer/manometer choices

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chatam/V-Max

Reaction score
Motion Pro ?'s

For those of you who have used the Motion Pro brand carb tuners, give me your opinions on them. Also, is a 5mm or 6mm adapter required when purchasing these units, or are they already set-up with the correct size for the V-Max?

Re: Motion Pro ?'s

My mercury one works fine. No adapters needed, just slip the tubes over the intake manifold vacuum ports under the carbs.

correct, the adapters are for bikes that have threaded ports. Ours has actual vacuum ports to slip the hoses over.

Sean

Hey guys! Thanks for the input thus far, and while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know of any good write ups out there that explain the whole procedure on a v-max using the Motion Pro's? I have read over the one for the carbtune, just was wondering on this brand now!

Hey guys! Thanks for the input thus far, and while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know of any good write ups out there that explain the whole procedure on a v-max using the Motion Pro's? I have read over the one for the carbtune, just was wondering on this brand now!

Look above on this screen as well as the home page and you will see a button called VMF Links Look under it for syncing vmax carbs... It's in alphabetical order!:thumbs up:

Huh?:confused2: :ummm:

What :ummm: hee, hee,

Ok,

In his post he stated: "I have read over the one for the carbtune"

He then stated "does anyone know of any good write ups out there that explain the whole procedure on a v-max using the Motion Pro's?"

You then referred him to the link that is for the Morgan Carbtune.:whistlin:

I know they are all basically the same.

I am looking for a Motion Pro procedure write-up, can't seem to find one.

What :ummm: hee, hee,

Ok,

In his post he stated: "I have read over the one for the carbtune"

He then stated "does anyone know of any good write ups out there that explain the whole procedure on a v-max using the Motion Pro's?"

You then referred him to the link that is for the Morgan Carbtune.:whistlin:

I know they are all basically the same.

I am looking for a Motion Pro procedure write-up, can't seem to find one.

So you want the procedure to setup a Motion pro Manometer??? Not a procedure to hook one to a Max??? :confused2: :ummm:

The procedure on how to hook up a Motion Pro carb tuner to a v-max to sync the carbs. Either with the clear plastic economy model or the upgraded yellow one, both should be about the same product.

Home made carb sync tool

carsynctool.jpg

Works like a charm. I have under $10.00 in it, works great. I don't have to worry about sucking mercury or water in the motor, and I got the bike sync'd last night.

Just thought I'd share.

Re: Home made carb sync tool

I wish I was smart enough to see how that works but alas, I'm not. :confused2:

I wish I was smart enough to see how that works but alas, I'm not. :confused2:

Okay, here's how she flys.

Fill one of the bottles half full, then pour half of that in the other bottle, so no matter what, the bike won't suck up water. The tube that goes from one bottle to the other, runs all the way to the bottom to x-fer the water back and forth. The other tube on each bottle, goes to the respective carbs, and just runs barely inside the bottle, putting vaccum to the bottles. If the carbs are out of sync, it x-fers water from one to the other.
To sync 'em you start by syncing carb 2 to carb 1. Then you sync carb 4 to carb 3. Then you sync the two banks together. You know they're sync'd when the water level stays even between the two bottles, not trying to push water from one to the other.

Aaaaaaahhhh..... I gotcha now. What was throwing me was that I was thinking you could do all four at once.

I'm with you now. Thanks man.

Aaaaaaahhhh..... I gotcha now. What was throwing me was that I was thinking you could do all four at once.

I'm with you now. Thanks man.

Well per the Yamaha service manual on this thing that's the way they do it in the shop, two at a time, so I figured I got 'er within a nats azz right. :D :cheers:

Adding some Red Food coloring or perhaps using ATF fluid might help too.

This needs to get a sticky in the carb section. I've been tring to find out how to make something like this for a few weeks and could only find ones that didn't work. I've got all the materials now except the rubber bungs and the bottles.

Adding some Red Food coloring or perhaps using ATF fluid might help too.

This needs to get a sticky in the carb section. I've been tring to find out how to make something like this for a few weeks and could only find ones that didn't work. I've got all the materials now except the rubber bungs and the bottles.

Yeah it's a crummy camera phone pic, but actually the water by itself works real well. Got the rubber plugs and clear 1/8in ID hose at Lowe's. Bottles at Q/T. I got 10' of hose and just used it all. You can check to make sure it holds vaccum with a vaccum pump like we did, works like a charm. :punk:

Sweet manometer man... Little odd looking but if it works what he hell...:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back