carbon brake pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't typically work well with these bikes unless you are in a track racing situation (road race) where you get them super heated. Otherwise braking is poor until you get that heat into them.

Understand, I was reading something on the internet (you know, the source of all wisdom and knowledge) and wondered about those things as I know no one who uses them, now I know. Thanks Sean.

I've been using EBC HH pads on both my Vmax (OEM calipers) and Venture (R6 calipers) and I'm quite happy with them on both machines. I would feel comfortable recommending them. They gave me better braking feel and performance over the OEM pads, which is what I believe were in there when I got to the task. I have noticed that they do work better after heated up a bit but even cold performance has been ample for my street only needs.

I have never used, but did see a set of the Chinese HH pads someone got for an FJ locally. Comparing the two I would say definitely spend the extra and get a reputable brand as Fire-Medic says.

Last edited:
I normally use EBC pads and replace them when I put new tires on. That's usually an every other year event. Have not had any problems yet.

My friend use ceramic pads and now his kike (sic-"bike") is dangerous .

Same thing can happen with tires. I yanked-off a nearly-new tire from my literbike because of the way it handled. Installed new, but it just affected the handling in a way I couldn't live-with. About as-painful as the five days I got out of a new rear Metzler I put onto my KZ1000 years-ago, and came-out of the bank to find it flat, from a Craftsman allen key sticking-out of the tread. I still have that *%#!! allen key.

Back