Carbon fiber scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
Has anybody bought from Flink that's a company in China that sells carbon fiber VMAX parts I don't know if I want to pull the trigger and buy them from China and have them not match up or be something cheaply made I'm waiting on them to email me back with pricing

This is a picture of the carbon fiber Scoops from flink

Attachments

• 20200115_132000.jpg
    20200115_132000.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 58
Not sure what time it is in China right now but they seem to want to talk to me after midnight so we'll see when they get back with me

Like I said before I order something from China I'm hoping somebody chimes in and says they do good work

I'm also checking in to hydro dipping worst case scenario I'll just have them chromed

Parts are pretty good Mike, I know several people that bought from them and we're happy. They can't compare to the Yamaha factory CF parts but those are not available anymore and were way more money.

The company Motocomposites https://www.motocomposites.com/ sells Flinks parts in North America if you don't want to order from China. You'll probably pay a little bit more through them though.

I don't know why I didn't just call you in the first place LOL yeah I called and talked to moto and they said they don't at the scoops and what they have in stock is all they're going to sell so it seems like they're going to quit stocking them thanks for the info though if you heard good stuff about it in the Price Is Right maybe I'll go for it

I've bought some universal custom mirrors from china and I'm impressed by the quality

What is hydro dipping? I've never heard of it. My 1200 scoops need some serious help. That carbon look does look good.

I've done business with Flink. My recommendation is STAY AWAY! I placed two orders with them, the first order was delayed for 3 weeks due to a short halt in production...no biggie. The order arrived and I was happy with it, all the parts fit without having to make any adjustments.

I placed another order in August 19, 2019, promised delivery in 6-9 weeks. Contacted them in November 7th, was reassured that my order was in production and would be delivered by Christmas. December 23rd receive another email "production times are harsh, expect delivery by Chinese new year" (January 25th). I paid for the parts in advance and when I asked about a refund if my parts were not delivered by January 25th, I received no reply. I've contacted my bank to inquire what steps I need to make to get my money back, Flink only accepts bank transfer directly to their bank.

In the meantime, I found this company www.maxicarbon.com out of Italy. They respond within one day and they only require a 30% deposit on the parts, rest is due when parts are ready to ship. I was thinking of giving them a try after January 25th unless Flink comes through with the parts I ordered from them. Hope this helps.

Forgot to add: I've contacted motocomposites.com, they have very few parts for the Gen II and have no idea when they will get more; "source has been unreliable".

Last edited:
I have a strong suspicion (but with no proof) that all these parts come from Flink, and Motocomposites and Maxicarbon may actually be getting parts from one another.

Is it a coincidence that these 2 companies show the same exact inventory of parts available on their web sites?

I think Flink may be the only company manufacturing CF parts for the gen 2.

Totally agree with you I was thinking the same thing myself but I did see where the Italy company offered up clutch cover and flink does not offer that but that could be a typo and it might be at alt cover.

Latest posts

Back