carburetor diaphragms alternatives

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2501

Reaction score
hi !
I've pull out carbs on my max and during the cleaning operations I noticed that a couple of diaphragms are warped / pinched.
They didn't have no holes or rips ( fortunately ) so I can still use them after proper celaning , but I still looked for a replacement part anyway.
As Mr. Sean said in a post , for the carburetor parts I'm gonna stick with original yamaha parts, but man!!! the diaphragm assembly cost more than 150$ each here in Italy!!!!!
Also , since the max in Europe is "evicted" you will get the part with an extended ring on the slides to decrease the maximum amount of opening, and this would lead to extra effort to cut this ring away.
I would like to put new parts now since the carbs are already stripped down, but I'm not gonna spend 600 bucks and more for 4 slides and rubber rings!!!!
Is it possible that there isn't a reliable alternative to this?
Purchase a set of used original parts is a real haste , and they could be worse than mine for what I know.
The chinese crap are out of question, since all of you said that they can ( and will ) be only troubles.
as I said I have a couple of them that are deformed ad hard, so if not now , one day in the future I will be facing the issue. what would you do?

hi !
I've pull out carbs on my max and during the cleaning operations I noticed that a couple of diaphragms are warped / pinched.
They didn't have no holes or rips ( fortunately ) so I can still use them after proper celaning , but I still looked for a replacement part anyway.
As Mr. Sean said in a post , for the carburetor parts I'm gonna stick with original yamaha parts, but man!!! the diaphragm assembly cost more than 150$ each here in Italy!!!!!
Also , since the max in Europe is "evicted" you will get the part with an extended ring on the slides to decrease the maximum amount of opening, and this would lead to extra effort to cut this ring away.
I would like to put new parts now since the carbs are already stripped down, but I'm not gonna spend 600 bucks and more for 4 slides and rubber rings!!!!
Is it possible that there isn't a reliable alternative to this?
Purchase a set of used original parts is a real haste , and they could be worse than mine for what I know.
The chinese crap are out of question, since all of you said that they can ( and will ) be only troubles.
as I said I have a couple of them that are deformed ad hard, so if not now , one day in the future I will be facing the issue. what would you do?
Hello from Spain;
There are some Youtuve videos where only the diaphragm is replaced(rubber part only),it works for me..buy only good quality diaphrams..

Diaphragms are not available separately from Yamaha. There are threads on here about methods to replace them with aftermarket. I suppose look for ones on ebay with many reviews which are +. I've replaced them before. Take your time, as the slides are very brittle, and will not withstand much pressure before breaking.

Back