CARROZZERIA, shinko 200 verge, will it fit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aikidoka

Reaction score
I'm buying Garrett's bike which has a Morley notched and braced swing arm. Will the Shinko verge 200 on CARROZZERIA 18" wheel fit? Any special procedures required?

Yes! May not fit in a stock swingarm but it will fit in a "3 extended/ Braced Morley Muscle swingarm. If your swingarm has the offset (.250 I believe) that Sean put into mine it should work, as you 'll see in the first pic it is close, I think 2 quarters fit between tire and swingarm.
Pic's below:

IMG_1934.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1749.jpg

Here is a link to Morley Muscle FB page that shows a 3" extended swingarm that has the offset:
https://www.facebook.com/2827024886...82702488678/10150176024493679/?type=3&theater

Hopefully Sean or Garrett will post to let you know what size tire would fit your swingarm.
BTW, Congratulations on buying a great Vmax, Garrett took great care of it, you'll get many smile inducing miles from it!
And welcome to VMF as well, you'll find most answers to your questions in one section or another, if you still have more Q's just ask! We are not afraid to learn new things that you know/ find out along the way so post up your thoughts too!

don't have it yet. The plan was to install the carrs and tires before shipping. Garrett wasn't sure if the Shinko verge 200 would fit. I asked this question via Sean's website and his email posted here and no reply yet. Not sure if its a yahoo email problem or not but thought this could be another way to get the answer and move things along

If it's not extended which I know it isn't the 200 will not fit. I have a notched and braced swing arm with carrezzera's and the 200 I put on rubbed. It just touches a little bit but you don't want it rubbing at all. A 190 will fit. I put a 180 on it and you can't even tell the difference from a 200 to the 180. I wish I would've extended the swing arm when I had the chance.

If it's not extended which I know it isn't the 200 will not fit. I have a notched and braced swing arm with carrezzera's and the 200 I put on rubbed. It just touches a little bit but you don't want it rubbing at all. A 190 will fit. I put a 180 on it and you can't even tell the difference from a 200 to the 180. I wish I would've extended the swing arm when I had the chance.

I am actually in the process with Sean, myself. I ordered a 3" over Swingarm, notched and braced AND a set of Shinko Verges 011, the rear being as 200/50/18. Since all three: Tire Swingarm and Carrezerria are from Sean, it's unlikely he sold me a 200 Tire knowing it would rub. The only thing I'm waiting for are the Carrz Rims othetwise, I'd have pics myself to show. I'm the guy incedently, with the Candy Apple Red Arm, Pumpkin and Blk Carrz (when they arrive).

I just saw that cycle one off has an option to notch both sides of the swing arm so that 200 or 210s will fit. Has Sean been doing that to swing arms or just the one side?

perhaps I would be satisfied with metzelers until I get a swing arm for 200s if I ever decide to go that way

The 200 on a stock arm will usually fit but it can rub the side of the arm and even the plastic shield over the fuel tank. SOMETIMES it can also rub the rear fender when you hit hard bumps. The 180 is a better choice but I have done the 200 on the stock arm. Some rubbing doesn't bother me much though.

It's too bad shinko doesnt have other than 200 in 18, unless i'm just missing it in my searches

The 200 on a stock arm will usually fit but it can rub the side of the arm and even the plastic shield over the fuel tank. SOMETIMES it can also rub the rear fender when you hit hard bumps. The 180 is a better choice but I have done the 200 on the stock arm. Some rubbing doesn't bother me much though.

So a single notched swing arm wouldnt have a problem side to side? Any solutions to the fender and plastic shield rubbing that are not overly complicated or expensive?

Mine has 3in stretch/notched and I have a 200 verge on it. I also have the extended gas tank. It fits with the washer swap. Very nearly doesn't, I think I'll go with a 180 if available. With the 200 and extended gas tank the plastic shield is a no go.

A double notched swingarm is not needed. If the wheel is that far right it's going to handle like shit anyway. Simply remove and leave off the shield.

I usually use the plastic shield on our extended tanks? I think I cut off the flares on the sides but leave the "hooks" and screw mount. Maybe I'll try to find a picture?

so that would leave fender rubbing at times over bumps. Would progessive shock upgrade stop that or at least minimize it?

so that would leave fender rubbing at times over bumps. Would progessive shock upgrade stop that or at least minimize it?

It might with a 440HD, i'd ask sean, but your ride is going to be a bit harder to compensate.

Shinko makes an 003 in a 180/55-18, for almost hafl the price of the me880. I have no idea about longevity though due to it being a soft compound.

My brother has that exact tire on his vmax (4.25 x 18 rim), but only a thousand or so miles on it.

Back