CARROZZERIA wheel thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the 120 but some of the guys on here said they like the 130/70

I'm running the Shinko Verge 011 tires, front is wearing great and probably will get a 3rd season out of them, ~8k miles atm. I'm replacing the rear this year since I have a long trip planned.
Front: 120/70XR18 Rear: 200/50VR18

Wish i could run those Redbone, but i dont have a modded swingarm yet and they dont offer a 180 for an 18" rim. I think im gonna get some Bridgestone Exedas. Unless anyone has a better suggestion, lol.

Im finally going to get rubber for my Carrs this year and was wondering what front tire size would be best to run? I plan on having a 180 out back since i dont have a modded swingarm yet.

I'm running Pirelli Night Dragons on my Carro's. 130/70 front and 180/55 rear. Got about 4000klms on them so far and they are gripping and lasting well too. Visually I think the 130 suits the bike better than the 120, just that little bit bigger. Handles well with the 130 on the front..

I setteled on some Bridgstone Exedras, 180 & 120. Price was too good to pass up! Hows clearence with the 130? Id think itd be pretty tight...

Comparison shot to illustrate the difference between a Carrozzeria and a stock rim. Holding one in each hand really drives home the weight difference.

Attachments

• CAM00143.jpg
    CAM00143.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 127
Question for those that have Carrs on their bike, what have you done to lower the front fender if anything to shrink the gap to the tire and how much will my speedo be thrown off if at all? I was thinking about making a spacer with some black plastic for the fender...

I used some flat rectangular rubber spacers on the front fender bolts which points the leading edge down a little. I still have maybe at best 7/8" from tire to fender. I'm going to try a 130 with my next front tirewhich will fill up the fend a little better.
2014-09-21 17.05.29.jpg
I've never checked the speedometer but I did almost get a speeding ticket on the Tail of the Dragon. I thought I was doing the speed limit of 30 mph but the officer thought differently and said, with a large smile, that I was doing 55 mph. Luckily got by with a warning!

Thanks Redbone! Guess ill have someone pace me so i know for sure what im off by. Time to up my saving procedure for a Koso i guess, lol.

I'm using black Delrin spacers. A big tks goes out to Bill K. for them. They look good. I don't have Carro's but run 17" wheels.

Thanks for the info! I might look into that. Gotta see what i have in my stash pile in the garage, lol.

Thanks Redbone! Guess ill have someone pace me so i know for sure what im off by. Time to up my saving procedure for a Koso i guess, lol.
If you have a phone that can do a GPS app there are a few out there that can get you a GPS speed to compare. I have a iphone 5 using an app called "Speedometer" (Tim O's Studios) that works pretty well but it's just for speed, has a large display so you can see it going down the road. I used it a few times but cannot remember if I checked for speed differences. Probably not an big or little difference which is why I didn't continue use it. It will be at least another couple of months that I would be able to check it though.
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Or, buy one of our new GPS speedo/tach combination gauges we're now making!

2 8mm or 10mm Chrome deep well sockets cut in half an installed between the fender and the fork brace.

Back