Carry over from "Post your longest burnout"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Ok I started this cause it was going towards Booosa's

Response to Bawls....

Yes he is a small guy weighing no more than 150lbs suited in full leathers.
Yes he can ride and get the max out of his bike and put it to the ground. Its a smooth run usually toting the front end 3-5inches the first 100ft.
5.60's in the mid 120's isnt off for a strecthed busa with nitrous and a light rider.
My dragbike was dialed in to run 5.80's at 115 set up soft 60ft'n 1.40's with bars. with a streched busa can do 1.40's with a rider, so I dont know why this seems like a shocker

Ok I started this cause it was going towards Booosa's

Response to Bawls....

Yes he is a small guy weighing no more than 150lbs suited in full leathers.
Yes he can ride and get the max out of his bike and put it to the ground. Its a smooth run usually toting the front end 3-5inches the first 100ft.
5.60's in the mid 120's isnt off for a strecthed busa with nitrous and a light rider.
My dragbike was dialed in to run 5.80's at 115 set up soft 60ft'n 1.40's with bars. with a streched busa can do 1.40's with a rider, so I dont know why this seems like a shocker

I agree 100%. Both are easily believable.

never realized you probably need 50 60 hp to go from 11.2 to 10,2 or something like that....if riding in the street make me realize what a waste of money trying to upgrade to gain a few more hp... i realize a sec is a long distance...but hell rollon tq is where its at.....do not respond im in my own little idah ho

Not so much of a waste, it just brings you a little closer to where ya wanna be. What seems to be a waste is when most are so eager up throw $$$ at something to gain power in a effort to go faster, but fail to optimize what they already have. This is "normally" the cheaper way to go and to me is MUCH more impressive. I'm more impressed to see a 120rwhp, 600lb bike go 10's than to see a 200rwhp, 500lb bike go low 10's/high 9's. ESPECIALLY when its stretched. Their setup is not optimized or they fail to realize that they THEMSELVES are the weak link. Its a real eye opener when you let someone else ride your bike(a bike they may have never been on before) and they go 2-3 tenths quicker than you on their very first pass. No substitute for practice. Also gotta be willing to try different things or try something other than what we are used to. I can't tell you how many times i've been to the track and had someone ask me how i was able to run the #'s i have, and then ask what they can do to theirs to run better...to have them tell me that their buddy told them they need to do this or that and kinda discount my advise(no skin off my back). Next time at the track they followed their buddy's advise and fail to improve. Their buddy charged them out the wazoo(some buddy, huh!). The funniest thing is when i ask what their buddy rides and his times...!
Nothing wrong with wanting more power, but optimize it. You'll be much happier.

another Huge problem is people who are so concerned with outrunning the bike in the other lane that they screw themselves over by not paying attention to what is happening on their run. I love it when someone (and I have a friend that does this one all the time) says "Man, I don't know what's wrong. My bike isn't launching for shit tonight" and then when you ask them what they launched at they say "I don't know, i never even looked at my tach"

another Huge problem is people who are so concerned with outrunning the bike in the other lane that they screw themselves over by not paying attention to what is happening on their run. I love it when someone (and I have a friend that does this one all the time) says "Man, I don't know what's wrong. My bike isn't launching for shit tonight" and then when you ask them what they launched at they say "I don't know, i never even looked at my tach"

"I don't know, i never even looked at my tach"
Real sign of an amateur! I used to look for these types at the track for a free run in first round! Just play head games with them on the line or let them do there burn out first and make em wait for you or vice versa rushing works good, run out there do your burnout and run up to the line waiting on them...
Consistency is the key to a successful dragracer, I had to laugh, last time I was at the dragstrip a group of us were standing around and one of the newbs was trying to get his autoshift to work correctly and I was asking him how he had it wired up, and the guy was acting like he knew everything and one of the guys I used to dragrace (currently owns my old dragbike) said "Listen to yankee he had all kinds of electronics on his bike, even had a timer set up to his shift lite to time his burnout for the same exact amount of time"
Lots of newbs at the dragstrip and the problem is they think they are all racers and dont listen to anyone, some get it and some are just losers for years after and are first round runners up.... Load em up, whos next?

Hey Yank, you got any pictures of your old 11? I've always liked those bikes. They were really ahead of their time back in the day. There's one that races out there with us some that has some mild portwork, lectrons, a swingarm, and a slick that runs CONSISTANT 6.80. I'm talking dial it in and run the same time all day and all night no matter what lol.

Hey Yank, you got any pictures of your old 11? I've always liked those bikes. They were really ahead of their time back in the day. There's one that races out there with us some that has some mild portwork, lectrons, a swingarm, and a slick that runs CONSISTANT 6.80. I'm talking dial it in and run the same time all day and all night no matter what lol.

I am on my home PC now, I do have a few pictures on my laptop but not under the body work detailed pictures. When I raced it was very competitive to the point you couldnt let your bike out of your site when you were at the track. Its sad to say but there were a lot of haters when your on a winning streak. If you left your bike out of site, some how you could get a flat rear slick, maybe a cut air line, connector unplugged etc. anything to mess you up to where it was to late to find in the staging lanes before rolling out.
The most competitive bracket bikes here are the late 80's and early 90's suzuki gsxr frames with after market swingarms. The only issue the GSXR engines had (1127) blocks were oil starvation to one of the rods, which they fixed and I hear now they are running hayabusa connecting rods in the early model GSXR motors with very little machine work which makes them a bullet proof engine.
Lectrons are the way to go (if not running EFI) Lectron carbs are very consistent and dont use a main jet along with being a mechanical slide easy to tune.
They are deadly consistent, stock 1127, slider clutch, lectrons MSD ingnition. and your checking each pass only looking at the thousandth number to change with each pass. An avg. night with 10 passes (3 time trials - avg 6-7 rounds of eliminations) your et may vary .02 all night. This is on a small tire slick 27-8-17 add a small car tire to this equation and the only reason your not in the winners circle is due to rider error.
Now as far as ET racing, its the old huge KZ& GS blocks with wild ass big valve heads but that has been taken over by the new technoligy of the ZX14's and GSXR13 blocks. The only reason why the GS&KZ blocks are around are due to all the old school guys (25+ years of racing and knowledge) they dont want to change and plus all the electronics with sensors scares them a lil. LOL
If you want to go fast throw a turbo and some nitrous on a ZX or GSXR13 blocks, and you will set low ET.s after figuring out how to put it to the track along with holding the front wheel down as you go through the ET traps. I can only imagine 10 yrs from now what we see out of these jap inline 4's when you think they reached the max there is always something faster coming out nipping at your rear tire

What are the plus's & minus's of doing a burnout in either first gear or second ? It seems easier to me to use first gear, but I've heard that's harder on the drivetrain. Why is that ?

What are the plus's & minus's of doing a burnout in either first gear or second ? It seems easier to me to use first gear, but I've heard that's harder on the drivetrain. Why is that ?

This question would go over in the orginal post, which I will copy over, I made this post cause it was going more towards booosas and dragracing et's..

Latest posts

Back