Cat delete pipe question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalcomfort

Reaction score
I have a good friend that has the tools and know how to build one for me. I have seen 2 types of pipes, one with a connection pipe between the rear 2 pipes and one without. Is there any advantage to having this crossover pipe or is the extra work not worth it??? Thanks for the help.

It has been my understanding that the cross over favors power in the lower to midrange RPM band & no cross over favors power in the upper RPM range. As stated by ShawnD not a night & day difference for this type of pipe.

In the case of a true X pipe you might see more of a difference. The X pipe favoring power in the lower to midrange RPM band & a 2 into 2 type pipe favoring power in the upper RPM band.

Attachments

• Cat Delete No Cross Over.jpg
    Cat Delete No Cross Over.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Cat Delete Cross Over.jpg
    Cat Delete Cross Over.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 12
  • X Pipe.jpg
    X Pipe.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
It has been my understanding that the cross over favors power in the lower to midrange RPM band & no cross over favors power in the upper RPM range. As stated by ShawnD not a night & day difference for this type of pipe.

In the case of a true X pipe you might see more of a difference. The X pipe favoring power in the lower to midrange RPM band & a 2 into 2 type pipe favoring power in the upper RPM band.
Thank you very much great info and pics!!

I have seen that Dam X pipe. I know it is better to have equal length pipes for each cylinder. I would thing that such a sharp bend for the rear cylinders would hurt performance. But I'm sure Dam has done their research & development & found that it works. Is there any comparisons of the performance of the Dam X Pipe verses other mid pipes? Also does the Dam X Pipe favor any particular RPM range?

I have seen that Dam X pipe. I know it is better to have equal length pipes for each cylinder. I would thing that such a sharp bend for the rear cylinders would hurt performance. But I'm sure Dam has done their research & development & found that it works. Is there any comparisons of the performance of the Dam X Pipe verses other mid pipes? Also does the Dam X Pipe favor any particular RPM range?
I have the Dam full set up and i Love the sound it makes me and my friend switched bikes for a ride and i was behind my bike and it sounds awesome nice deep sound even at higher rpm range sounds great some exhaust set ups can get a little raspy or hurt the ears at a higher rpm. Even at idle with guru reflash it sounds nice.

Back