cbr tail light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
So I decided to go with the cbr tail light. My? Is is there a specific year tail light I need? Also can I hook up the integrated turn signals on the tail light to my turn signals that are on the bike? Anyone have one they want to sell? I see em on eBay but figured I'd ask you all first that may want to sell there's. Thanks

So I decided to go with the cbr tail light. My? Is is there a specific year tail light I need? Also can I hook up the integrated turn signals on the tail light to my turn signals that are on the bike? Anyone have one they want to sell? I see em on eBay but figured I'd ask you all first that may want to sell there's. Thanks

That's one thing I'm going to do Wayno. That hidious OEM light is really not pleasing to my eye. I''ve got an old fender to experiment with, plus lots of threads here to light the way.
Steve-o

I did the CBR tail light mod. The one used was for a '04-'07 CBR 1000. I got the smoked lens, integrated and sequential turn signals. There is a 'How to' in the forum here.

mine is done
the best comment i had is from our member my Buddy <<SPEEDCOSTSMONEY>>

he say
look`s factory made

one thing i want to change is the reflector

And would have the required DOT on it....right? :confused2:

Sadly your prob right. But presently "they" are hung up on small signal lights, having all your reflectors on, license plates under/inside the rear fenders & plates down low sideways......thank all the squids......:bang head:........THANKS, SQUIDS!!!

They have the integrated signals in them, but being LED I think you will need to run some sort of a resistor unless the light you buy has one with it. I kept my stock turn signals in addition to the integrated ones, and I did not need a resistor to keep the flash rate correct. Also be careful with the "smoked" lens....the one I bought from ebay wasn't very bright during the day and I ended up going with the clear one for better visibility. Cool mod for sure.

They have the integrated signals in them, but being LED I think you will need to run some sort of a resistor unless the light you buy has one with it. I kept my stock turn signals in addition to the integrated ones, and I did not need a resistor to keep the flash rate correct. Also be careful with the "smoked" lens....the one I bought from ebay wasn't very bright during the day and I ended up going with the clear one for better visibility. Cool mod for sure.
Thanks I do want to keep my turn signals but run them with the intergrated signals in the tail light

I've done the cbr mod... I have pics of the inner fender that I have modded. The taillight that I have came from Amazon, it was about $25 smoked with sequential turnsignals. Check out my thread on "My gears of war themed paint job".

Here is a mock-up before any paint. This is how I covered up the huge gap that is left in other mods. The unpainted metal is now all black and it looks sweet. I won't be able to post a finished pick until the spring when I get my rear fender clear coated.

Attachments

• VMAX CBR rear fender mod (2).jpg
    VMAX CBR rear fender mod (2).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back