CCW Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmx12s

Reaction score
A question (poll actually) came up on another forum I visit. ?Would you be comfortable knowing that one of your riding group had a concealed weapon license and was indeed carrying.?

My response was: No problem, providing the person was indeed licensed to carry and was a responsible (not a hot-head) person.
In the extremely rare circumstance that something bad goes down, I would prefer to have that kind of back-up.

Other member thoughts?

No problem at all. GA is a "shall issue" State for CCWs. If there is no legal reason to deny you a license, then the state is required to give you one. Also, many states now recognize each others permit holders while visiting in that state. There are over a dozen that recognize Georgia's & vice versa.

Several of the guys I ride w/ are able to carry weapons; and do so. No worries.

vmx12s said:
A question (poll actually) came up on another forum I visit. ?Would you be comfortable knowing that one of your riding group had a concealed weapon license and was indeed carrying.?

My response was: No problem, providing the person was indeed licensed to carry and was a responsible (not a hot-head) person.
In the extremely rare circumstance that something bad goes down, I would prefer to have that kind of back-up.

Other member thoughts?
No Problem!

I have a concealed pistol on me most of the time.I think it is stupid not to or to be worried about it.

I also have my permit. I don't generally carry, but pending on where I'm going I will.

We finally passed the concealed carry bill but they haven't got it enacted yet. Soon.

Sean

It's amazing to see how many here can pack heat where up here it's virtually impossible to get a concealed weapon license, let alone have a handgun in your house. Handguns have to be kept at a firing range.You can have rifles in your house as long as they are licensed and locked up.

personally I think they give out too many permits. im all for people having them in their house but I dont really understand why most people would need to carry. But it is your right so I respect it.

For those that like guns, it's just like a bike.

Having a bike is great, riding it however is the point.

In many states, you can have a gun in the house and it's not a big deal. However, if you want to take it somewhere so you can shoot it, you are required to have a CCW in order to transport it.

Now I've been around guns & bikes my whole life. My father was a combat shooting instructer in NY at the local Gun-club. So naturally I also lerned to shoot.

So I'm very big on if you have a gun, you had best know how to use the damn thing, less all it's good for is getting you killed. Thats another thread for another time however.

But ya, here in Ga, if you want to take the weapon anywhere, you had best have a concealed permit.

Question from the Deep South: If you knew one of your riding buddies wasn't packing heat, would you still feel comfortable riding with him?

ViciousCycle said:
Question from the Deep South: If you knew one of your riding buddies wasn't packing heat, would you still feel comfortable riding with him?

Before I moved back here to Germany I was living in Alabama. I rode 10 months out of the year. Rode many a mile with many different folks.

Never gave it a thought because I was more concerned about riding.

all depends on how well I know the person. If I don't know him from Adams house cat, I may not ride with him. Then agian, I prefer to ride by myself anyway.

In general, the only ppl that I ride with are my father and my wife. I do have one friend on a CBR900RR that I ride with every once in a while. He's ex-military, I know he has his CWP and I know from time to time he carries. I've gone shooting with this friend before and I trust his judgment. So it doesn't bother me if he's packin.

Packing heat is a little like owning a Pit Bull. Makes little people FEEL bigger. I think one is more apt to get into a tussle knowing he has an equalizer handy, no matter what. Glad I don't live where this kind of crap goes on.

I keep my head more when I have a gun with me.You do not get it out unless you know you have to use it.Permits can be removed easily.
I also do not feel bigger.Any of you that know me should know I do not need to feel bigger.I generally will throw down at the drop of a hat if provoked.

one2dmax said:
We finally passed the concealed carry bill but they haven't got it enacted yet. Soon.

Sean

We live in Abilene KS and my dad just signed up to take the class and get his liscense. If i was 21 i would also be on that list.

mikemax04 said:
Glad I don't live where this kind of crap goes on.

I wish that were the case here. I live out in the sticks but commute into Houston, Tx everyday and now that we've inherited New Orleans post Katrina welfare class, crime has skyrocketed!
I've also signed up for a CHL class.
Kelly

vmx12s said:
I wish that were the case here. I live out in the sticks but commute into Houston, Tx everyday and now that we've inherited New Orleans post Katrina welfare class, crime has skyrocketed!
I've also signed up for a CHL class.
Kelly

My apologies for sending out the worst goodwill ambassador team ever(Katrina refugees). We got enough of them in Baton Rouge to change the safety factor here as well. Never thought I'd want a CCW, but nowadays it's gotten bad here. Had stuff stolen out of my carport in broad daylight while I was sleeping between dog shifts.:damn angry:

lol, funny you guys mentioned that.

We got alot of Katrina "survivors" up here in New England. And after a few weeks people starting researching and it seemed like half of them were career criminals

Here are some facts for all you who think that gun control on law abiding citizens actually will make a difference in anyones safety.

Washington D.C, Baltimore MD, and Detroit MI have some of the most strict gun control laws in the union. Washington D.C. is the most strict.
Heres a little comparison.

Violent deaths involving firearms and civilians.

Washington D.C. 45 Per 100,000

Baltimore 38 per 100,000

Detroit 42 per 100,000

and the icing on the cake that puts it all in perspective that our media won't let you know about.

Iraq 27 per 100,000

So In lew of that someone should advise the media to advise the left wing that we need to pull out of D.C., Maryland, and Detroit immediately.

Don't trade in your rights for false security provided by the government.
The government directs law enforcment agencies to police citizens, but who polices the government?
We do.
How do you police the government if you allow them to disarm you!?
I'm done venting.
I do respect all your opinions, just make sure to reciprocate and don't press your pacifist beliefs on the rest of us.

Back