Cell phone ticket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Got busted for cell phone back in october, in the great state of NY. Finally went to court last night. For you local guys it was in lockport. Previously, I called the courthouse and they told me that i could talk to the town prosecutor, and they let me reschedule 2 times because of my work. Whoever the clerk is in lockport, made this a completely painless. To make a long story short, and after going before the judge, after the 2 guys in leg chains and hand cuffs. They reduced the ticket to a parking violation. No points, no driving school, $100 total fine :clapping: I hate to clap at $100 dollar fine, but I fully expected at least double that fine and 5 points on my license. It's even more of a big deal because I make my living with my license. It was quite a relief.

5 points for using a cell phone while driving? That is absurd. I am glad there is a book push to stop texting while driving, I think that is the largest catalyst to accidents on the road. I do not however see a problem with talking on a phone while driving down the road for the bulk of the population, unfortunately some are just too damn stupid and shouldn't be driving regardless of phone usage.

I have been hit from almost a dozen times now from people texting while driving. Fortunately all minor fender benders but a nuisance nonetheless.

OF course- its the nanny state. next you will be ticked for smoking or eating while driving. It will keep getting worse as long as these liberals keep winning and can say "well the people WANT to be controlled or they wouldn't have elected me!

Glad you worked it out and that they were reasonable.

I got pulled over first time out in California for that. I just used my Dumb Redneck "That's Illegal Here??" charm and he let me off with a verbal warning.

While the idea of a "nanny state" certainly has it's uses, cell phones I don't think are it.

Helmets?.. don't hurt anyone but the dumb shit not wearing one.

Same goes for seat belts. Although the "public burden" argument of medical costs to repair broken bodies of those without insurance can be made I think it's a poor one.

Cell phones on the other hand NEED to be turned into a SEVERE penalty for being used while driving. driving is a privilege not a constitutional right and rational safety rules make sense.

I don't think any of us need some scientific study to realize how very often our daily close calls with oblivious cagers is attributable to someone talking on the phone. Riders are killed daily with the cagers simply saying "I didn't see them" and getting a free pass for manslaughter.:bang head:

I know when I hold a phone and talk while driving I drive like crap, too slow, , wrong lane, poor lane discipline, no situational awareness, then hang up and not remember the last 20 miles anymore than if I had driven home from a bar blitzed out of my mind.

I used to think hands free wasn't any better, that the concentration required to carry on a conversation was more the problem versus simply holding a phone. Couldn't see how holding the phone really made you not pay attention.:ummm:

Due to the California stop I went and put a Plantronics Blue tooth earpiece on the company credit card and immediately realized that hands free does give you back all the things I listed above.
:eusa_dance:
I still think guys that walk around 24/7 talking to themselves in public look like pompous shit heels though:rofl_200:

Helmets?.. don't hurt anyone but the dumb shit not wearing one.

Me thinks a helmet not being worn can't be hurting anything more than the hook it may be hanging upon while not being worn. The roadway, on the other hand, when applied too briskly to an unprotected head, could hurt someone whether they are a 'dumb shit' or not. :biglaugh:

I still think guys/gals that walk around 24/7 talking to themselves in public look like pompous shit heels though:rofl_200:
fixed.

Back