Cell phones

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99% of those kids will laugh and ignore the message...
It pisses me off how many people I see texting and driving on my daily commute. IDIOTS.

That got their attention.. Too bad that image wont last very long.. Some will jump on their cell phones on the way home from that theater.

99% of those kids will laugh and ignore the message...
It pisses me off how many people I see texting and driving on my daily commute. IDIOTS.

Me too.....not just kids though. I drive an F-150 so I have a clear look into peoples cars. I see it multiple times everyday.....usually it's someone driving erratic or 5-10 miles under the limit that gives you a clue it's going on.

Makes me furious, and I no longer feel safe on my bike in normal traffic. I don't commute to work on it for that very reason. My 28 mile commute is in a high traffic area and it's not an enjoyable ride anymore.

I hope that law enforcement starts cracking down hard on these people......instead of concentrating on writing tickets for 10 mph over the limit.

Last year we had a 19 year old girl decapitate herself by driving under a truck on the shoulder while texting, right at my exit on the NYST. Also had a guy on a bike killed near my house when a teenage girl crossed over lanes while texting.

It's a deadly epidemic.

Me too.....not just kids though. I drive an F-150 so I have a clear look into peoples cars. I see it multiple times everyday.....usually it's someone driving erratic or 5-10 miles under the limit that gives you a clue it's going on.

Makes me furious, and I no longer feel safe on my bike in normal traffic. I don't commute to work on it for that very reason. My 28 mile commute is in a high traffic area and it's not an enjoyable ride anymore.

I hope that law enforcement starts cracking down hard on these people......instead of concentrating on writing tickets for 10 mph over the limit.

Last year we had a 19 year old girl decapitate herself by driving under a truck on the shoulder while texting, right at my exit on the NYST. Also had a guy on a bike killed near my house when a teenage girl crossed over lanes while texting.

It's a deadly epidemic.
If I had an old beater I would pull in front of the texters and brake-check them. If they hit me, well, I think I might just have a serious neck injury.

Jammers are surprisingly easy to acquire / piece together but usage of such device is against federal law per the FCC.

Had some fun with one I used to own in the past but trying to be more responsible now :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Note that this is extreme, but ... it's me, so ...

I've been seriously considering penning and editorial for local consumption.

Title: "Why we should stop enforcing drunk driving legislation"

Key Points: Well, since we let people talk, text and do other things which make them unable to maintain focus on the task of driving ... have a drink; it's not like driving responsibly should be driver's priority.

Back in HS, they dropped off a mangled car at school right before Homecoming and Prom so we could see the devastation attributable to impaired driving. Inattention is an impairment which is just as dangerous. Chevy now has a car with a built-in Wifi hotspot. They should at least offer an option which blocks cell signals while a vehicle is in motion. Or ... Apple/Andriod/Windows needs to install a feature which disables communication while the motion sensors in their phones indicate a traveling speed above 5 mph.

Something, anything.

Or ... Apple/Andriod/Windows needs to install a feature which disables communication while the motion sensors in their phones indicate a traveling speed above 5 mph.

Something, anything.[/QUOTE]

The problem with a "feature" like this is it would screw everyone who is a passenger in whatever form of transportation they are in.

we are going to have cars that drive themselves soon anyway so what the hell.

I think though that the systems which control these cars should be programmed so that a certain number of horrid automatic collisions happen every day just for grins.

Latest posts

Back