Center stand hitting swingarm.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Since I replaced my stock exhaust with a full exhaust and added a notched and braced swingarm, I noticed that the center stand touches the swingarm.
Since there is nothing holding it lower, it keeps hitting it.

The small rubber I guess is there for avoid bumping the stock exhaust, but in my case is useless.

Is there any way to solve the issue without sticking some rubber on the swingarm?

Maybe put a spacer between the rubber & the bracket that holds it? A couple of thick washers under the rubber perhaps, and a nut/bolt/washer to re-fasten the rubber? Or, like the Kerker 4/1 guys, remove the centerstand until you actually need it, then slip it on & maybe use some clevis pins & hitch pins to hold it while you do your work. UFO sells some temp. bolts to install when using their 4/1 if you want to use the centerstand, which you don't leave installed.

Or take he centre stand off and only put it on when servicing the bike.

The other benefit is - less weight = faster Vmax!

Mike

Yeah now you guys makes me think. After sweating to put it on I might actually remove it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah now you guys makes me think. After sweating to put it on I might actually remove it lol

I took mine off 9 or 10 years ago and just keep it in the garage.
It only takes a minute or two to re-install when I need it.

I took mine off and ground off the tabs. I finally tossed it in the garbage. When you hold it it feels heavier than 5 pounds and it looks better with it off the bike. For a lowered bike the center stand is useless anyways. It looks ugly and out of place on the bike.

Centerstand = 4.5 lb.
Exhaust megaphones = 24.5 lb.
Exhaust pipes = 11.5 lb.
Total = 40.5 lb.

lead-acid stock battery =8.6 lb.
Li-ion battery =2.5 lb.
savings = 6.1 lb.

So, 46+ lb. less by going to another exhaust system & a Li-ion battery (subtract the weight of your replacement exhaust). And don't forget the removal of the stock air filter box when you go Stage 7.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 11
I already took away exhaust and battery a long time ago.
No jet kit yet, but I have no plan taking out the airbox, I'll rather go for Sean's kit.
The humidity and rains are crazy here, stage 7 will mean having the pods soaked too often.

For a lowered bike the center stand is useless anyways. It looks ugly and out of place on the bike.

I will probably take mine off this go around...I have my bike lowered 1.5 inches all the way around, so its useless...and just extra weight.

Speaking of Li-Fe batteries, did I tell you guys I managed to kill a brand new one by discharging it then putting it on a charger overnight? Thing fricken ballooned. They warrantied it.

I have to ask help to put it on stand. I have tried so many time, it just wouldn't move lol

I have to ask help to put it on stand. I have tried so many time, it just wouldn't move lol

The trick to getting the bike on the centerstand is to put the ball of your right foot on the centerstand tang allowing it to make contact with the ground, then with your right hand under the seat subframe, pull upwards, simultaneously putting your weight on the tang; as the weight of the bike shifts from the rear wheel onto the centerstand, the bike will move rearward and voila.....

The trick to getting the bike on the centerstand is to put the ball of your right foot on the centerstand tang allowing it to make contact with the ground, then with your right hand under the seat subframe, pull upwards, simultaneously putting your weight on the tang; as the weight of the bike shifts from the rear wheel onto the centerstand, the bike will move rearward and voila.....

That pretty much covers it.

I've seen a few guys mention that the CS is useless if you bike is lowered. I do not agree. My bike is down pretty low and i still use the stand for wrenching and storage. It is MUCH harder to get it on the stand with the bike this low. Proper procedure helps. A 2x4 under the tire makes it easy as can be.

I just dismount and have the servant secure the ride.
hc.jpg

Latest posts

Back